Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Week of Oct. 11th

Monday we went to gymnastics and Audrey came over. They had to leave early so I could go to my staff dinner. I have to conduct 2 staff meetings a year. There is no time to have one before or after school, so we do a dinner at a restaurant. I enjoyed learning about some teachers and making new friends. This boss thing is a little weird for me.
After school we try to do an errand just to give Sydney 1o minutes to nap. This week I took them to Home Goods and furniture places looking for paintings. Sydney is a hoot inside a store. She will talk like an adult telling me why she doesn't like a painting- not enough color, too big, too expensive, doesn't like flowers, likes the polka dots, etc. Caitlin justs wants to play with all the toys and doesn't understand why we can't take them all home. I have started saying, "Let's put it on our Christmas List." Sydney now flips through our magazines telling us what Santa is bringing her.
Friday after naps we went to mom's for Andrea's birthday. We did smores outside using her fireplace for the first time. The girls liked the first bite and then were off playing. They found mom's rocks and demanded to bring them home. Coming home late has gotten easier. We take a "bird bath," brush teeth and put on jammies. This time last year Sydney was in such a routine, she didn't know how to be flexible-so when I told her we were skipping a book because we got home late, she couldn't understand. Now, she just asks for us to tuck in her loveys and make sure no monsters are in her room.
Saturday Matt worked in the yard all day. That night we went to Shelly and Ari's house for a housewarming party. They played with the boys pretty well and they LOVED his sandbox. We have thought about converting our fish pond to a sandbox- but after seeing all the sand tracked inside, NO WAY!
Sunday night we hosted Life Group. They enjoyed seeing our house for the first time. It is a great set up for kids playing in the play room while we visited in the den. I am excited about hosting events this winter. I will have Melissa's baby shower, Andrea's baby shower, Christmas parties, maybe Matt's birthday party, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home