Week of Aug. 9th
Monday we went to church. There are 4 others who play with the girls with Ms. Ashley. They think they are big shots because they get to play with the gym toys all by themselves. I don't feel as guilty when I see them enjoying it.
Tuesday was a nice morning so we played outside. We use chalk and draw shapes on our driveway and then run to each shape. Caitlin is catching on so quickly. Sydney also likes to make squares for hopscotch. She hops with 2 feet in one square and counts up to 20.
Wednesday we made it to the zoo again for member morning. It was so hot we left by 10:30. We did make it to see the zebras, but that is about all.
Thursday we went to gymnastics. Caitlin wore Sydney's leotard so her strap kept falling down. It didn't faze her a bit. She felt like a big girl because she was wearing a big girl leotard.
Friday Lucy came over with Callie and Austin. The girls played dress up and jumpy. Then at one point all 4 kids were parallel playing. It was so calming. After naps, we went to Audrey's pool. We met about 8 neighborhood friends. They all had been taking swim lessons all summer and were swimming with no trouble. I saw for the first time the feeling of embarrassed on Sydney's face. She wanted to badly to swim like them but couldn't go under and swim...just was a little scared. She had done it with Coach Scott but we hadn't practiced a lot. I tried to talk to her about it that night, but she wasn't ready to talk about it. Any advice on embarrassment?
Saturday I took the girls to Sandy's house for an overnight. During the day, I worked at the preschool while Matt worked in the yard. We met for lunch at Costco's. Then that night Matt and I had date night...ordered pizza and watched a movie...loved it!
Tuesday was a nice morning so we played outside. We use chalk and draw shapes on our driveway and then run to each shape. Caitlin is catching on so quickly. Sydney also likes to make squares for hopscotch. She hops with 2 feet in one square and counts up to 20.
Wednesday we made it to the zoo again for member morning. It was so hot we left by 10:30. We did make it to see the zebras, but that is about all.
Thursday we went to gymnastics. Caitlin wore Sydney's leotard so her strap kept falling down. It didn't faze her a bit. She felt like a big girl because she was wearing a big girl leotard.
Friday Lucy came over with Callie and Austin. The girls played dress up and jumpy. Then at one point all 4 kids were parallel playing. It was so calming. After naps, we went to Audrey's pool. We met about 8 neighborhood friends. They all had been taking swim lessons all summer and were swimming with no trouble. I saw for the first time the feeling of embarrassed on Sydney's face. She wanted to badly to swim like them but couldn't go under and swim...just was a little scared. She had done it with Coach Scott but we hadn't practiced a lot. I tried to talk to her about it that night, but she wasn't ready to talk about it. Any advice on embarrassment?
Saturday I took the girls to Sandy's house for an overnight. During the day, I worked at the preschool while Matt worked in the yard. We met for lunch at Costco's. Then that night Matt and I had date night...ordered pizza and watched a movie...loved it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home