Saturday, August 21, 2010

Week of Aug.2nd

Monday we went to church that morning. After naps we went for a treat. I feel so guilty for working that I found myself giving them so much more. I have realized it and am trying to come to terms with it. I told Sydney we were going to have "Special Time" that night just the 2 of us. She lit up and kept asking if it was time yet. That night after baths I let her pick one thing to do with me. Of course we played Candyland and watching her smiling face was so pure. She just wants attention. The next morning Caitlin woke up early so I gave her some "Special Time" and she just wanted to play on my bed and curl up and cuddle. That night we all cleaned the house. I gave them spray bottles with vinegar and water and they sprayed everything. Then we all mopped the floors...yes, we have 3 mops so this gets done.
Tuesday we tried out Peek-A-Boo in Franklin. It was like Monkey's Treehouse but wasn't as big. I liked it because it sits right beside McAlister's so that gave us an excuse to eat out for lunch. Jim picked up the girls for an overnight...they were thrilled to show Papa the Beauty and the Beast cd. They like to sing along. The teachers came over for desserts and we got to start some talk about school. They are so wonderful and just genuine.
Wednesday I picked up the kids at mom's school and then we went to Andrea's house for jumpy time. I caught Sydney taking up for Caitlin and telling Evie that Caitlin is her sister and "we protect each other."
Thursday was gymnastics. Caitlin is getting good at the bars and pulling her toes up to the bar. Sydney was rolling and going across the balance beam with no trouble.
Friday we did some errands. They helped me pick out school supplies and loved picking the colors of folders and paper. That night we had movie night and watched Mary Poppins. I am trying to get away from Beauty and the Beast cd so I am trading it in for Mary Poppins music. I think it will be so much bearable for car rides.
Saturday I went to Nan's baby shower while Matt took the girls to the Science Center. He loved it and Sydney came home telling me about the heart and lungs. That night we were playing in Sydney's room. Caitlin came running out of the bathroom with her pants and diaper off yelling "Pee Pee in the Potty!" jumping up in down. Sure enough, she took off her pants and diaper, climbed up and went potty. I was planning on Thanksgiving to do potty training so this is perfect to start the conversation and let her try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home