Week of Aug. 16th
Monday we started fall gymnastics. We walked in to see Coach Scott. He walked right up to Sydney and said, "Sydney, I haven't seen you in so long. How is your white cat?" How does he remember names and things like that? Amazing talent. To me, this is the most special hour. Caitlin just bounces around grinning ear to ear. Coach Scott let the Mommie and Me kids play with the preschool since there weren't many of us...Caitlin followed Sydney trying everything she did. I think she most enjoys the trampoline and bars. I really hope Santa brings us a trampoline. Sydney was doing seat drops and Caitlin was running around in circles. After naps we hosted playgroup. They all go straight to the dress up clothes and then the puppets. We watched a puppet show and then tried to play GO Fish.
This week I have given the choice to Sydney to nap in my bed. It makes me rest and spend some time with her. We read a couple of books, then read alone and then fall asleep. Most of the time, I read and watch my big girl sleep so sweetly.
Wednesday Andrea and Evie came over to play. The girls played Beauty Salon and fixed each other's hair. Most nights after baths Caitlin wants to brush my hair...that is the compromise after she brushes her teeth. This has led to pretend paint toe nails, lotion on legs and pretend lipstick. Sydney always says, "Now you are ready for the ball."
Friday we went to the Science Center. We climbed to the top and did the slide at least 10 times. I decided August is the perfect month for the Science Center. There are no field trip kids so you have the place to yourself. That night Matt went to the lake for a boy weekend. I let Sydney sleep with me and loved it. She woke me up the next morning so kindly and you could tell she felt like a big girl.
Saturday I took them to mom's for an overnight. I went to work and finished up the inservice notebooks...didn't realize how long it takes to put together 24 notebooks. That night I watched 4 hrs of a director dvd. Yuck!
Sunday I woke up and just rested. Roo and I watched a movie and lounged. Matt picked up the girls and brought them home. It is such a crazy feeling to want a break but then miss them. I guess it doesn't get any easier the older they get...always craving more time with them.
This week I have given the choice to Sydney to nap in my bed. It makes me rest and spend some time with her. We read a couple of books, then read alone and then fall asleep. Most of the time, I read and watch my big girl sleep so sweetly.
Wednesday Andrea and Evie came over to play. The girls played Beauty Salon and fixed each other's hair. Most nights after baths Caitlin wants to brush my hair...that is the compromise after she brushes her teeth. This has led to pretend paint toe nails, lotion on legs and pretend lipstick. Sydney always says, "Now you are ready for the ball."
Friday we went to the Science Center. We climbed to the top and did the slide at least 10 times. I decided August is the perfect month for the Science Center. There are no field trip kids so you have the place to yourself. That night Matt went to the lake for a boy weekend. I let Sydney sleep with me and loved it. She woke me up the next morning so kindly and you could tell she felt like a big girl.
Saturday I took them to mom's for an overnight. I went to work and finished up the inservice notebooks...didn't realize how long it takes to put together 24 notebooks. That night I watched 4 hrs of a director dvd. Yuck!
Sunday I woke up and just rested. Roo and I watched a movie and lounged. Matt picked up the girls and brought them home. It is such a crazy feeling to want a break but then miss them. I guess it doesn't get any easier the older they get...always craving more time with them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home