Week of Aug. 25th
Monday we went to Sydney's first gymnastics class at Harpeth School of Gymnastics. It is such a great place. She is the only girl with 4 other boys. She absolutely loved it! They start off with an obstacle course and the first 3 times around she held close to me and wanted help on everything. By the 5th time, she was walking across the balance beam and doing somersaults. She had a little trouble on the trampoline...she jumps with one foot like she is stepping, instead of jumping with two feet straight up. I am hoping to keep Caitlin asleep in the car seat or wear her in the carrier so I can participate with the class. After class, we went into Green Hills Mall to find a bathing suit for me...such a depressing time, then we went to Gama's for lunch. We put Sydney down in Sandy's crib with no paci...not like home. She screamed and cried and yelled for Gama for 45 minutes. Sandy did well and didn't cave and go in and Sydney finally fell asleep. I went to Karilynn's for a hair appt. and she gave me some bangs. I feel like an older lady! YIPPEE!
Tuesday Shelley met us at Bloodworth's for Caitlin's 6mon. pictures. Sydney was so cute trying to get Caitlin to laugh and smile. Caitlin was a pro. She sat up, smiled, got on her belly and laughed, and was done in 5 minutes. We went to Shelley's for lunch to see Spencer. When I lied Sydney down for nap, I gave her this nightlight. It was charged with a button she can press to turn on and off. The light automatically shuts off after an hour and it is shaped like a person...great gift from Andrea. She didn't cry once because she was playing with the button.
Wednesday we decided to go to the Bellevue library for storytime. I was so impressed with Ms. Donna. She sang so many great songs and read Sydney's favorite book, Brown Bear Brown Bear.
Thursday night Jevin and Melissa came over to sit with the girls while Matt and I went to Open House for her Mother's Day Out program at Harpeth Hills C of C. I have been skeptical about sending Sydney at age 2 but after meeting her teachers and talking to other parents, I think I feel more comfortable...I think. She is in class with Steele Chance, Brian and Cayce's son.
Friday I took the girls to the church so Sydney could meet her teacher's and see the classroom. She walked in, I introduced her to the teachers, she held out her arms and gave them hugs. One teacher asked if she likes to play in the kitchen and Sydney went over there and started playing....no hesitation. I stood with Caitlin and watched, teared up when I saw her name on the bulletin board. She is growing up so fast. We stayed an hour and that was enough (for Caitlin). We have been talking about school, teachers, and all that so we will see how she does next Tuesday.
Saturday we went to dad's to swim. Sydney loves the pool. I got Caitlin in for the first time and she loved to splash the water. Sydney has been doing great at home with naps. She plays a little in her bed with her babies, Tad the Frog, or some books. She didn't do well at all at dad's house. She cried for 30 minutes. I finally went in there, she said, "Mama pool, daddy pool, gigi pool, grando pool..." I told her we were all taking a nap and she woke us up screaming. That is all she needed to hear, she lied down and closed her eyes.
Sunday we decided to have fun at home. We made pancakes, we played hide n seek, we washed the cars outside, and watched Blues Clues to end the night. She went down with no problem at all. I now read a book to her in bed, then say I am counting to five and then leaving. While I count, I tuck her babies and bunnies in, then pull the cover to her. It works!
Tuesday Shelley met us at Bloodworth's for Caitlin's 6mon. pictures. Sydney was so cute trying to get Caitlin to laugh and smile. Caitlin was a pro. She sat up, smiled, got on her belly and laughed, and was done in 5 minutes. We went to Shelley's for lunch to see Spencer. When I lied Sydney down for nap, I gave her this nightlight. It was charged with a button she can press to turn on and off. The light automatically shuts off after an hour and it is shaped like a person...great gift from Andrea. She didn't cry once because she was playing with the button.
Wednesday we decided to go to the Bellevue library for storytime. I was so impressed with Ms. Donna. She sang so many great songs and read Sydney's favorite book, Brown Bear Brown Bear.
Thursday night Jevin and Melissa came over to sit with the girls while Matt and I went to Open House for her Mother's Day Out program at Harpeth Hills C of C. I have been skeptical about sending Sydney at age 2 but after meeting her teachers and talking to other parents, I think I feel more comfortable...I think. She is in class with Steele Chance, Brian and Cayce's son.
Friday I took the girls to the church so Sydney could meet her teacher's and see the classroom. She walked in, I introduced her to the teachers, she held out her arms and gave them hugs. One teacher asked if she likes to play in the kitchen and Sydney went over there and started playing....no hesitation. I stood with Caitlin and watched, teared up when I saw her name on the bulletin board. She is growing up so fast. We stayed an hour and that was enough (for Caitlin). We have been talking about school, teachers, and all that so we will see how she does next Tuesday.
Saturday we went to dad's to swim. Sydney loves the pool. I got Caitlin in for the first time and she loved to splash the water. Sydney has been doing great at home with naps. She plays a little in her bed with her babies, Tad the Frog, or some books. She didn't do well at all at dad's house. She cried for 30 minutes. I finally went in there, she said, "Mama pool, daddy pool, gigi pool, grando pool..." I told her we were all taking a nap and she woke us up screaming. That is all she needed to hear, she lied down and closed her eyes.
Sunday we decided to have fun at home. We made pancakes, we played hide n seek, we washed the cars outside, and watched Blues Clues to end the night. She went down with no problem at all. I now read a book to her in bed, then say I am counting to five and then leaving. While I count, I tuck her babies and bunnies in, then pull the cover to her. It works!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home