Monday, September 01, 2008

Week of Aug. 18th

Monday Melissa came over to play with Sydney while I took Caitlin to my annual doc. appt. I waited an hour in the waiting room. I was "that mom" with a screaming baby. I was pushing the stroller around and then finally had to nurse. You change with the second. I wouldn't nurse in public with Sydney, but this one I did just to keep her quiet and stay on her schedule. During Sydney's nap, Jim came over to sit at the house while I took Caitlin to her 6mon. appt. We waited another hour to see him. She fell asleep in my arms so of course she was fussy when he checked her out and she got her shots.
Tuesday the girls came over for playgroup. They are playing so well together.
Wednesday we went for a free class at Dance in Bloom. I was so proud of Sydney. She was obeying the teacher and trying all the moves. When the teacher would ask kids to sit on the star or the white line, Sydney was first to obey...my precious baby!
Thursday we stopped by Shelley's to see her sisters. Sydney ran around and showed off for them while Caitlin smiled and laughed. Perfect trip!
Friday we went to the pool with Audrey and her kids. She lives in McKay's Mill and their pool is awesome. They have a walk in baby pool...the girls got along great.
SOOOOOO Friday afternoon I decided it was time. I had been thinking about it for months and I finally decided to do it....Matt came home with a balloon and we made cookies to celebrate moving into the big girl bed with no paci.... Yes, no paci and the big girl bed. We hung out in her room all night talking about it, playing in the bed, singing and preparing. After bath we read a couple of books and then I lied in her bed with her for 30 minutes. When I got up she started wailing. I told her I was going to check on Caitlin and get ready for bed then I would be back to check on her. She screamed three minutes and then passed out. We checked on her at midnight and she had the pillow over her body and was sleeping like a charm.
Saturday we celebrated more with pancakes and dancing. At naptime she screamed for about 10 minutes but passed out. We went to the zoo that night for member night. It was like a movie...Sydney looks up for eating her dinner, there is Madeleine, they make eye contact, then each start running to each other, they hug, Madeleine grabs her hand, and they run off to the carousel laughing. SO FUN!
Sunday we had to wake her up because she was so exhausted. Sunday nap wasn't too great. She cried for about 15 minutes, but finally was out. She does better if I tell her I am not coming back in and she needs to sleep...then I have to follow through and not go in her room to quiet her down. We'll see how next week goes.
Caitlin started sweet potatoes and peas. She is doing so great eating. She is still taking 2 long naps and one quick one from 5:30-6:15, then eating her last milk at 7 and eating food right after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home