Week of July 14th
Tuesday we went to playgroup at Traceside pool. Caitlin sleeps while we play in the pool with Maya, Lena and Caroline.
Wednesday Sandy came out to sit with Caitlin while I took Sydney to her first movie. Bellevue has free G movies at 10am for kids for the month of July. This week they were showing Charlotte's Web. Sydney is crazy into farm animals so I thought we could try it and just leave if she couldn't handle it. Well, we got there and I let her pick her seat...which took 10 minutes. When she finally chose one, she sat in the chair and it folded up on her with her legs flying straight up. So she sat on my lap. She was fascinated with the floor lights for about 5 minutes and that was good because there were so many previews. When the show finally started she giggled yelling out "moo moo baa baa neigh neigh" pretty much the entire movie. She got restless in the middle and then I pulled out her favorite snack... yogart raisins. At the end, all the kids clapped, Sydney stood up and yelled "more!" It is such a great idea since it is so hot outside. There were strollers everywhere, babies in car seat so the siblings could watch the movie, some kids crying and talking, moms up and down, overall a great experience for kids and moms.
Thursday we went to dad's house. Andrea and Evie met us .Sydney played in the pool while Caitlin took her 1st nap.
Friday we went out to see Audrey. Madeleine is big into imaginary play so the girls played bus with chairs and chased each other with shopping carts. After her nap, Sandy came out so I could go to the Encores Consignment Sale. I arrived at 5 and didn't get out until 10:30. I was so frustrated but I got good stuff....clothes for fall and winter and some toddler toys (puzzles, barn, and a chair).
Saturday we went to the golf course down the street. Matt and Sydney walked while I pushed the stroller with Caitlin sleeping. It was hot but so much fun. We lasted 9 holes, but Sydney was back in the stroller at 7. She had fun with her golf balls and clubs and of course seeing daddy play. That night we went to the zoo for family night. Andrea and Evie met us there after dinner. We saw lots of animals and rode the free carousel.
Sunday we were exhausted so we lounged and ate pancakes. Lana gave Sydney a firetruck sprinkler so we got outside for a bit. We went outside around 5pm for about 10 minutes to pick everything up and Sydney got 5 bites on her legs. They swelled up so fast and are pretty big. That stuff is what freaks me out! So Caitlin turned 5 months this week. She is rolling over so well now and sleeping great. We tried rice cereal Sat. morning and she wouldn't swallow. It was fun to watch but she is not ready yet. We'll try next week.
Wednesday Sandy came out to sit with Caitlin while I took Sydney to her first movie. Bellevue has free G movies at 10am for kids for the month of July. This week they were showing Charlotte's Web. Sydney is crazy into farm animals so I thought we could try it and just leave if she couldn't handle it. Well, we got there and I let her pick her seat...which took 10 minutes. When she finally chose one, she sat in the chair and it folded up on her with her legs flying straight up. So she sat on my lap. She was fascinated with the floor lights for about 5 minutes and that was good because there were so many previews. When the show finally started she giggled yelling out "moo moo baa baa neigh neigh" pretty much the entire movie. She got restless in the middle and then I pulled out her favorite snack... yogart raisins. At the end, all the kids clapped, Sydney stood up and yelled "more!" It is such a great idea since it is so hot outside. There were strollers everywhere, babies in car seat so the siblings could watch the movie, some kids crying and talking, moms up and down, overall a great experience for kids and moms.
Thursday we went to dad's house. Andrea and Evie met us .Sydney played in the pool while Caitlin took her 1st nap.
Friday we went out to see Audrey. Madeleine is big into imaginary play so the girls played bus with chairs and chased each other with shopping carts. After her nap, Sandy came out so I could go to the Encores Consignment Sale. I arrived at 5 and didn't get out until 10:30. I was so frustrated but I got good stuff....clothes for fall and winter and some toddler toys (puzzles, barn, and a chair).
Saturday we went to the golf course down the street. Matt and Sydney walked while I pushed the stroller with Caitlin sleeping. It was hot but so much fun. We lasted 9 holes, but Sydney was back in the stroller at 7. She had fun with her golf balls and clubs and of course seeing daddy play. That night we went to the zoo for family night. Andrea and Evie met us there after dinner. We saw lots of animals and rode the free carousel.
Sunday we were exhausted so we lounged and ate pancakes. Lana gave Sydney a firetruck sprinkler so we got outside for a bit. We went outside around 5pm for about 10 minutes to pick everything up and Sydney got 5 bites on her legs. They swelled up so fast and are pretty big. That stuff is what freaks me out! So Caitlin turned 5 months this week. She is rolling over so well now and sleeping great. We tried rice cereal Sat. morning and she wouldn't swallow. It was fun to watch but she is not ready yet. We'll try next week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home