Week of June 30th
Monday we drove to Gregory Mills Park in Smyrna to their splash pad. It is a great idea... sprinklers and water everywhere! Sydney liked it if someone was holding her, but wouldn't dare run through the circles by herself and get her face wet. Jessie, Andrea and Evie met us out there and we had a picnic with Audrey and her Franklin friends.
Tuesday playgroup was at Traceside pool where Maya lives. They have a wonderful kid pool so the girls played with bath toys and walked and played in the water. Sydney fell once in the water and went under. I was amazed that she went limp....no reaction when she went under.
Wednesday we met Andrea and Evie at the downtown library for the 9:30 storytime. Sydney now knows the names of the puppets and tries to sing along with Mary Mary and Professor. Caitlin fell asleep for her first nap so we played afterward with toys and the fountain outside.
Thursday Sandy came out to see the girls. They played on the floor and with the easel. It is nice to have extra hands for lunch time. Caitlin eats at 11:45 so I try to feed Sydney before that.
Friday was July 4th. We went to dad's house. Charlie and his bunch and Nick and Christie met us there. Sydney went down the slide with Matt for the first time. He held her up so she didn't get splashed....didn't like it at first and then wanted to go again....but she let us know that two times were enough. That night dad, Shelley and I took Sydney to Moss Wright for the fireworks. We borrowed Andrea's kid headphones so Sydney couldn't hear the blasts. She loved the colors and sparkles. Afterwards she said "more more." I had a swimmy diaper on her and she peed all over herself and me because she was sitting in my lap. Note to self....swimmies only hold poop, not pee.
Sunday we went over to Sandy's for Johnny's birthday. The great grandparents came over and Andrew brought Alysa from Knoxville. Jevin and Melissa bought a new house so they have been painting all weekend. They came by for lunch and then went back to the house.
So Caitlin is on a great schedule. Her wake time is 2 hours and naps last from 1 hour up to 2 hours. I am so blessed right now. I have told everyone that 4 months is all it takes. The first 3 were horrible and now I am enjoying every moment!!
Tuesday playgroup was at Traceside pool where Maya lives. They have a wonderful kid pool so the girls played with bath toys and walked and played in the water. Sydney fell once in the water and went under. I was amazed that she went limp....no reaction when she went under.
Wednesday we met Andrea and Evie at the downtown library for the 9:30 storytime. Sydney now knows the names of the puppets and tries to sing along with Mary Mary and Professor. Caitlin fell asleep for her first nap so we played afterward with toys and the fountain outside.
Thursday Sandy came out to see the girls. They played on the floor and with the easel. It is nice to have extra hands for lunch time. Caitlin eats at 11:45 so I try to feed Sydney before that.
Friday was July 4th. We went to dad's house. Charlie and his bunch and Nick and Christie met us there. Sydney went down the slide with Matt for the first time. He held her up so she didn't get splashed....didn't like it at first and then wanted to go again....but she let us know that two times were enough. That night dad, Shelley and I took Sydney to Moss Wright for the fireworks. We borrowed Andrea's kid headphones so Sydney couldn't hear the blasts. She loved the colors and sparkles. Afterwards she said "more more." I had a swimmy diaper on her and she peed all over herself and me because she was sitting in my lap. Note to self....swimmies only hold poop, not pee.
Sunday we went over to Sandy's for Johnny's birthday. The great grandparents came over and Andrew brought Alysa from Knoxville. Jevin and Melissa bought a new house so they have been painting all weekend. They came by for lunch and then went back to the house.
So Caitlin is on a great schedule. Her wake time is 2 hours and naps last from 1 hour up to 2 hours. I am so blessed right now. I have told everyone that 4 months is all it takes. The first 3 were horrible and now I am enjoying every moment!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home