Sunday, June 29, 2008

Week of June 23rd

Tuesday Maya and Rebecca came over for playgroup. Maya and Sydney play very well together. Maya is laid back so she doesn't clash with Sydney's personality. I could actually have a conversation with Rebecca while we watched the girls play.
Wednesday I decided to tackle the library again. We went to the 9:30 story time. Caitlin fell during it in her car seat so it was perfect to hold Sydney in my lap and watch the puppets. Mary Mary came over and asked Sydney her favorite color and Sydney yelled out "blue!" I got chill bumps. At the end of the show they always sing "What a Wonderful World" and kids can come up and sit on the stage. I asked if Sydney wanting to go and for the first time she said yes. She sat up there with a blank face while everyone sang and swayed. I got choked up...my baby is a toddler now! We played outside in the water fountain, played with some toys and read a book while Caitlin finished her nap. It was such a fun morning.
Thursday JRae and her bunch came over so David could check out our deck. Sydney loved playing with Addie and Logan. Andrea and Evie came in and we all watched them play. The Dodds left and Andrea and I watched Sydney play with Evie. SO CUTE!
Friday we met Audrey and her bunch at Monkey's Treehouse. It is such a fun place...this big open room sectioned off with toys... in the middle is a sandpit and an outdoor playgym. Sydney and Madeleine played with dinosaurs and did really well together. Then we all went next door to eat lunch.
Saturday we met mom and the family for the Bloodworth reunion. Sydney played with Jane Anne's daughter, Janey Grace. Afterwards we went to mom's for naptime and then pooltime. Sydney loved the water (but not on her face) and played with PaPa (aka Grandpa Jim).
Sunday we went for a walk at Edwin Warner. Sydney lasted about 20 minutes then wanting to walk. That took forever to finish the walk. I am starting to get more comfortable getting out with both of them and being more flexible with feedings. Moms with kids close in age told me that I wouldn't be able to breathe until they Caitlin was 4mon. They were right. I am finally feeling good about it all and enjoying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home