Sunday, June 15, 2008

Week of June 9th

Monday we lounged around the house. I have found that time passes by so quickly and we can waste a day no problem. Every hour I am feeding, diaper changes, or putting one to sleep. We need those days of no plans just to get the house in order and have fun playing. Sydney loves to give Caitlin kisses and is such a big helper now. She feels so grown up when I ask her to help me. She helps fold laundry, take out trash, cook, clean up, set the table, and just every day stuff.
Tuesday we spent the day at Sandy's with Grandmama and Granddaddy. It is a lot easier to travel now because I can pump and another can give the bottle. Grandmama enjoyed feeding Caitlin and of course Sydney ran Granddaddy all around the house. Jevin and Melissa came over for dinner.
Wednesday mom, Andrea and Evie met us at the zoo. Mom still has her book on, but she still was a trooper walking all over the place. Sydney enjoys the animals, the carousal, and of course the picnic...anything that involves food.
Friday we went to see Audrey and the kids. Madeleine is speaking sentences. She was singing her abc's to Sydney. Sydney started singing with her to G and was really trying to sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" with Madeleine.
Saturday was our 5th anniversary. I decided to surprise Matt during the day and he was going to surprise me at night. Sandy and Johnny came out to the house to sit with the girls. I took Matt to a massage for his first one. He had a great experience. We came home and showered and then went to a little place for an appetizer and dessert. He then took me out to the General Jackson for dinner and a show.
Sunday was Father's Day. Sydney and I made pancakes for Matt. We went to Sandy's house after nap to eat dinner. Johnny grilled out and we watched golf. Caitlin fell asleep in Melissa's arms and Sydney kept Jevin busy.
Update- We took the paci away last week when Caitlin goes into the crib. She has adapted so well, better than I expected. She might cry for a couple of minutes, but that is it! She goes down after her 8 feeding, I wake her for the 10 feeding and she is back down until 7:30. A couple of nights she has woken up around 4:30 but maybe whimpers for a couple of minutes. The other morning I saw on the monitor she was awake at 5 just moving side to side, waving her hands, never said a word, and was back asleep after 10 minutes. I am so excited, I actually get sleep now. I don't feel like I need a nap anymore. That is great now because I can do calligraphy when they are both down. YEAH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home