Monday, May 19, 2008

Week of May 12th

Tuesday we met playgroup at the park. Sydney leads the pack going down the slides and swinging. She shares all her food with the girls and wants them to play ball with her so badly.
Wednesday Andrea and Evie came out for the day. Evie is getting so big...8months and crawling. She is now Sydney's toy. They are so cute together.
Thursday we had Caitlin's 3mon. pictures at Bloodworth's. I was torn between buying new dresses or using Sydney's. I decided to buy new dresses but use the same colors, so the panels would match a little bit. Well, Caitlin's pictures are an exact replica. You can't tell them apart. That afternoon we went to Chiti's birthday party at Monkey's Treehouse. Such a cool idea! They rented this place out for the party and the kids played, climbed, ate, had so much fun. Matt stopped by to help out with the girls and we were both so impressed with the place.
Friday after Matt's work we went to Walmart to pick up Sydney's new picnic table for her birthday. We ate at Applebee's. Going out to dinner is not a break at all. Sydney was finished with her meal before ours came and Caitlin woke up and couldn't keep the paci.
Saturday was such a fun day. We started the morning at the Red Caboose Park for their festival. Sydney walked everywhere strutting her stuff. She saw a blow up with balloons inside. She said she wanted to go in, lasted about 1 minute, then kept looking at us through the window showing her "I'm done" sign. It was a weird feeling because I push her to try new things but when she doesn't show happiness I worry I am challenging her too much. That afternoon we went to Pinkerton Park for Madeleine's birthday party. Audrey had a great set up with finger painting, food, and the park was incredible. After that we went back to our park and met Andrea, Travis, Evie and mom and Jim. Mom has broken her ankle so she is in a boot cast. She hobbled around following Sydney around. They rode the train and we got some good pictures. They all came over for a late dinner and watched the fireworks. Sydney and Caitlin didn't wake up at all.
Sunday we all caught up on sleep. Sydney ate a blue icing cupcake at Madeleine's party and Matt gave her a bite or two of his blue snowcone. Sunday morning she woke up with a blue poop. The whole day her bottom was stained and kept pooping blue. That should tell us how unhealthy that stuff is. I am trying to be flexible about the sugar, but that is just insane. No one should ever eat those dyes! That afternoon went out to Kathy's new home for Paige's graduation party. The drive was nuts but their house is beautiful! Sydney is still sleeping until 8:30 with a 1-4 nap. Caitlin is doing better with feedings and getting full at each one. This week she woke up at 3:30 for a change and then every 20 minutes wanting the paci. I was exhausted by the weekend so Matt took Saturday night. Of course that is the night she slept straight through until the 6 am feeding. I think when I come in she expects food and hasn't learned to soothe herself back to sleep. When Matt changed her at 3:30 she knew she wasn't getting any food so she passed out. She is so tired after the 6am feeding, I am putting her back to sleep until Sydney wakes us both up. It actually is a great schedule because I get some alone time with her in the morning. I love snuggling up with her and just smelling her! MMMM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home