Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Week of June 2nd

Monday I decided I was going to Edwin Warner with the girls. I pushed Sydney in the stroller and wore Caitlin in the carrier. It was a workout! After a stroll we had a picnic there. Sydney loves serving me from the backpack.
Tuesday we had a playdate at the Nature Center. It is so kid friendly.
Wednesday our friend, Dana, came over the see the girls. Sydney was shy at first and then started to play.
Thursday we went to mom's house. She is off from school so we could spend the day with her. Andrea and Evie met us there. Evie is crawling so well and cruising everywhere.
Friday we spent the day with Sandy. She took us to Chef's Market for lunch. Sydney feels so grown up when we go out to eat. It was nice to play with Sydney while Sandy held Caitlin or just to enjoy holding Caitlin while Sandy played with Sydney.
Saturday was dad's work picnic. Sydney bounced in a blow up for the first time. She loved it! Shelley held Caitlin most of the day. It was so hot but such a nice time. The girls even won a prize at Bingo. Sydney usually goes down at 1 and I tried to push the nap as long as I could. She caved around 2:15. Mom and Jim came over after the nap. We ate some Cracker Barrel and played outside with chalk. It is nice for someone else to hold Caitlin so I can have a little break. Mom loved it too!
Sunday Matt took Sydney to dad's house while Caitlin and I stayed home. I decided to start Caitlin on a new schedule. She has had trouble falling asleep without the paci so I took it away today. My goal was to lay her down in the crib at each nap with no paci. The first nap she cried for 18 minutes, the second nap about 10, the third nap only 3 minutes! That night we put her down with no paci. She woke around 5 and cried, really whimpered until 5:30, and was back out until 7:15. YIPPEE!
We went to see Jason and Leslie's new house. Sydney followed Meg, Laine and Lou around. Kathy and Shelley took turns holding Caitlin. It was nice to catch up with everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home