Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week of Nov. 8th

Monday after gymnastics Sandy came over so I could go to Paige's mom's funeral. It was a celebration of her life and great funny stories were told. She was a traveler and loved life and her family.
Tuesday we had bookclub at my house. Our new member, Alice, came over. Our girls are in the same preschool class and both are born in May. We discussed public vs. private school and the big question is starting Kindergarten next year or waiting one more year- oldest or youngest? It is a concern I think about everyday...praying for a sign!
Thursday after school we went to Bloodworth's to pick up some panels. I still do their calligraphy. We stopped by dad and Shelley's to play outside in this nice weather. On the way home we picked up Jim n Nick's. Sydney saw me "use my words" because I was so disappointed-they forgot to put the cheese biscuits in!
Friday we were off to meet Melissa and her kids, but Eli was sick. I still took the girls and they had a great time. At one point, Sydney came out and told me another boy wouldn't let her climb up. I asked her, "How do you think you can solve the problem?" She said, "I could push him, tell him it is my turn, walk away or go tell mommy." I was so proud to see Love and Logic working. She came up with all those by herself! She decided to go back and tell him it was her turn. It worked! When she got to the top, she looked at me with her beaming grin and gave me a thumbs up! Yes, I teared up in ChickFilA.
Saturday Sandy called and offer to keep the girls after naps. We jumped on the idea and got everything ready for after naps. Matt took them over there and then we went shopping. We still got home in time for a movie. YEAH!
Sunday Matt and I slept in! Yes, we didn't get woken up with, "Mommy, can I have yogurt?" I love those mornings. We went to church for a Screamfree Parenting Seminar. He was a great speaker and I think I will put his book on my list. We picked up Pei Wei and brought it home to watch another movie on NetFlix. YEAH! It has been a great day. Matt picked up the girls while I exercised and even had time to pick up the house. When they returned, we played outside a bit. They are into the swings right now. Sydney is excited she can pump herself. Caitlin get situated saying, "Ready, Not Ready, Ready, Not Ready, Ready." Then I push her a couple of minutes and she does it again. Great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home