Sunday, September 27, 2009

Week of Sept. 21st

Monday we lounged around. Sydney likes to have "privacy" in her room. She plays with her Animal Baby books and pictures. Sometimes I know when she needs a break from Caitlin. Caitlin is enjoying books. She brings a book to me, we read it together, she puts it back and bring another. This could last up to 30 minutes. AWESOME!
Wednesday Caitlin and I took Roo, the cat, to the vet. He has been swallowing my rubber bands and now is choking a lot. After a couple of days on medicine, he seems to be doing better. When we picked Sydney up from school I asked her if she would like to go to the park or go home and play play doh. She said she was tired and would like to go home. The school is wearing her out. Friday after naps we went to Audrey's. The girls played great together. Madeleine was so excited to show Sydney her dress up clothes. All three girls wore dresses until bath time. I had to put Sydney in timeout once but without anger, she apologized to Miss Audrey for slamming her door. Saturday morning I drove to Knoxville to stay with Jenni while Matt stayed home with the girls. Jenni and I did some baby shopping and went to a chick flick movie.
Sunday Matt took the girls to Sandy's house. They stayed through dinner until I got home. I love it when you are gone and when you see them, they run to you with open arms like they missed you so badly. The discipline has been wonderful. The other day Caitlin screamed for a toy in Sydney's hands and Sydney said, "Uh Oh. Mommy, please come help Caitlin. She wants my toy." I was so thrilled she didn't hit her or scream at her. They copy every move we do so beware! If you show anger, they will show anger. If you use words and understanding, they will too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home