Sunday, August 02, 2009

Week of July 27th

Monday we went to the grocery store. Sydney and Caitlin have made a new friend. She helps us with our groceries every week. She knows their names and finds us when we arrive. After naps we met KC at Maryland Farms YMCA for playgroup. It was such a great experience. There toddler pool area is awesome and both girls love it. I didn't feel any pressure taking two kids to water by myself.
Tuesday after naps we went to dad's house to celebrate his birthday with Shelley's family.
Wednesday was Evie's birthday so we met them at the library. Caitlin sits still for 20 minutes but the last 10 she is ready to walk around. They both enjoyed looking at Mary Mary's treasures after storytime. Evie loved running around the fountain.
Thursday we packed up for a long weekend. We took them to Sandy's and they stayed with them for 2 nights and then Mom's house Saturday and Sunday. Matt and I went to the lake and stayed on the houseboat with dad's family.
Sunday we dropped by Lebanon outlets on our way home. They have great deals between seasons so I stocked up for next summer. We swam and ate dinner at mom's and then got them home to bed. I missed them terribly and didn't want bedtime books to end.
Sydney loves taking showers now in the morning after I take one. She splashes water on the door and plays with her wet head. We also have been playing a lot of Candyland because we have told her if she starts her day happy then we can play big girl games. This past week has been an incredible change with the fussiness. I am reading Love and Logic and it has given me some great words that has changed my parenting style. Sydney has started to catch on to it. I recommend it for any parent with a 3yr old or older.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home