Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Week of Sept. 14th

Monday Sandy, Johnny, Jevin and Melissa came over for dinner to celebrate my birthday. They brought a feast. Sydney begged Jevin and he finally got in the jumpy house.
Friday Sandy met us at Portrait Innovations. The girls did great and smiled! I bought some awesome pictures. It is hard not to cover every wall in your house with these photos. We went to the mall to have lunch and Sydney decided to pitch a fit in the mall. I watched her for a moment, then bent down and whispered, "You can throw a fit and then you can give me your favorite book OR you can go eat lunch with us." She decided she wanting to kick, roll and stomp. I watched her and really didn't feel embarrassed. She finished and then decided she was hungry. When we got home I asked her to go get me one of her books. Her face lit up like I forgot. Without a fit, she walked up to her room, took some time picking out one book and brought it downstairs to me. I put it up in the kitchen where she can see it. When Matt came home she sadly told him, "Look daddy. I gave a book to mommy because I fussed at the mall." Daddy said, "Do you get it back?" Sydney said, "No. I chose to throw a fit."
That night we met Jevin and Melissa at Pizza Perfect. Sydney and Caitlin loved climbing up and down in the arcade games and watching other kids.
Saturday Heather and Shane came over to watch the game. Sydney enjoyed eating the snack mix and they flipped out over the jumpy house during half time.
Sunday Sandy came over while Matt and I went to the Titans' game. It was overcast so we had a great time. I went to Jessie's afterwards to have dinner with Jess and Dustin.

I absolutely have fallen in love with Love and Logic. It is so simple once you are comfortable with the words and I have more energy at the end of the day because I am not angry at all! When Sydney fusses or Caitlin hits, I simply say, "Uh Oh. That is so sad." I pick her up and place her in the pack in play or the timeout rug. I ask lots of questions, "Is that a good choice? Would you like some ideas? Do you want to __ or ___?" I recommend this discipline style to moms with 8months old and up.
http://www.loveandlogic.com/ecom/c-25-favorite-books-of-parents-with-kids-birth-through-six.aspx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home