Week of August 31st
Monday we had playgroup at Meredith's house. She has tubs of dress up clothes. Sydney took to the princess dresses and enjoyed twirling.
Tuesday was Sydney's first day of school as a 3 year old. She was dressed, lunch made, ready to go by 8 and was disappointed when I told her we had another hour at home. When we got there, we (Caitlin and I) walked her inside to find a sub because her teacher was sick. OH MY! That morning we talked about Miss Jessica and how nice she was, blah blah blah. Sydney did not like the change and wanted to come home with us. I left her screaming, called the school 30 min. later and Mrs. Kelly said she was fine after 5 minutes because they asked her to be their "helper" and put all the lunchboxes in the tub. This week I am picking her up at 2 so Sandy and dad came out to stay at the house while Caitlin naps so I could go pick up Sydney. I took her to TCBY each day for a treat and she enjoyed picking out a new topping each day. By Thursday she loved school, loved friends and loved her teacher. She was asleep by 7 each night.
Friday we fly to Seattle for Shelley's family reunion. Sydney was amazed to see how big the airplanes were. They did great going through security and getting on. Sydney loved looking out the window in the airplane, watching movies, playing uno and sitting on everyone's lap. Caitlin NOT SO MUCH! She couldn't handle the confined space. She would watch the dvd for 5 minutes and then squirm. I had 20 activities for us and none worked longer than 5 minutes. My advice for anyone traveling with an 18mon. old is to buy them a seat and use the car seat. A lap baby just didn't work. Granted we flew during their nap times, but she could not settle down. On our way back the man in front turned around and yelled back mocking their cries and that embarrassed me and frightened Sydney. Matt and Spencer wanted to punch him. But they loved the hotel room and running up and down the halls. Sydney's favorite thing to do was get ice at the vending machine and order room service for breakfast. After naps we walked across the hotel to get ice cream for a treat.
Caitlin has started to talk. She says mama, hi, daddy, bird, dog and happy. She knows her face features (nose, eyes, ears, mouth, tongue, hair, head, cheeks). She still is clumsy and trips/falls all the time. I thought it was her shoes, but she does it barefoot too. We just use gates and make sure all chairs are not around her to climb on. Her favorite thing to do is wash her hands. She is healthy because she washes about 20 times a day. Every morning we turn on the music and Sydney and Caitlin twirl and dance. Sydney's move is kicking with a hop and marching. Caitlin squats, throws her head up and then twirls.
Tuesday was Sydney's first day of school as a 3 year old. She was dressed, lunch made, ready to go by 8 and was disappointed when I told her we had another hour at home. When we got there, we (Caitlin and I) walked her inside to find a sub because her teacher was sick. OH MY! That morning we talked about Miss Jessica and how nice she was, blah blah blah. Sydney did not like the change and wanted to come home with us. I left her screaming, called the school 30 min. later and Mrs. Kelly said she was fine after 5 minutes because they asked her to be their "helper" and put all the lunchboxes in the tub. This week I am picking her up at 2 so Sandy and dad came out to stay at the house while Caitlin naps so I could go pick up Sydney. I took her to TCBY each day for a treat and she enjoyed picking out a new topping each day. By Thursday she loved school, loved friends and loved her teacher. She was asleep by 7 each night.
Friday we fly to Seattle for Shelley's family reunion. Sydney was amazed to see how big the airplanes were. They did great going through security and getting on. Sydney loved looking out the window in the airplane, watching movies, playing uno and sitting on everyone's lap. Caitlin NOT SO MUCH! She couldn't handle the confined space. She would watch the dvd for 5 minutes and then squirm. I had 20 activities for us and none worked longer than 5 minutes. My advice for anyone traveling with an 18mon. old is to buy them a seat and use the car seat. A lap baby just didn't work. Granted we flew during their nap times, but she could not settle down. On our way back the man in front turned around and yelled back mocking their cries and that embarrassed me and frightened Sydney. Matt and Spencer wanted to punch him. But they loved the hotel room and running up and down the halls. Sydney's favorite thing to do was get ice at the vending machine and order room service for breakfast. After naps we walked across the hotel to get ice cream for a treat.
Caitlin has started to talk. She says mama, hi, daddy, bird, dog and happy. She knows her face features (nose, eyes, ears, mouth, tongue, hair, head, cheeks). She still is clumsy and trips/falls all the time. I thought it was her shoes, but she does it barefoot too. We just use gates and make sure all chairs are not around her to climb on. Her favorite thing to do is wash her hands. She is healthy because she washes about 20 times a day. Every morning we turn on the music and Sydney and Caitlin twirl and dance. Sydney's move is kicking with a hop and marching. Caitlin squats, throws her head up and then twirls.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home