Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Week of June 29th

Monday we went grocery shopping. Caitlin tried to stand up in the cart so she wasn't happy when I wouldn't let her. There were 3 people checking me out and helping me get out the door. I really wasn't bothered by her yelling. I didn't feel embarrassed or felt I needed to apologize. I am learning that they are going to just do that occasionally. Now I think Sydney was embarrassed and didn't say much during the process. Carolyn came over for lunch. Sydney couldn't believe her belly and kept asking about the 2 babies. After naps we went to Coach Scott's house for Sydney's swimming lessons, two weeks 5-5:30. The parents aren't allowed to watch so we walked Sydney to the pool and sat on their porch. We could hear Sydney laugh then scream "no" and "too cold." Then I heard the worst..."I don't want to go under water!" I didn't realize the first lesson he does a dolphin dive and puts their entire body under. She was not happy. At the end of the lesson when I was drying her off I asked if she wanted to come back tomorrow. She replied, "Yes. I go under water. I am So strong."
Tuesday swimming lessons were no problem. She walked to the pool by herself proudly.
Wednesday we went to the library that morning. After swimming lessons we went to Matt's softball game. That drive from Franklin to G-ville is hard. I don't know how often I will be driving to g-ville after our next move. After the game I dropped off Sydney at mom's house to spend the night. I put Caitlin to sleep at home and worked on calligraphy all night. I can work until midnight and still get 7 hours of sleep. It was great!
Thursday after swimming lessons we went to Chili's for Johnny's birthday. Sydney did great sitting in everyone's laps. Jevin, Melissa, Andrew, Alyssa, Johnny and Sandy kept her entertained. Caitlin only wanted me and wanted to be held. She would walk a little bit but kept interrupting other people's dinner. I finally took our food outside and fed her on the sidewalk. She is in the stage where she doesn't like to sit in a high chair so I put her down and she walks around and then comes to me to feed her. So stressful. After dinner I took them to mom's. I had had it! I dropped them off and needed "a moment." Matt took me to the lake to decompress for a day. Mom kept the girls Thurs. and Fri. night so I had some time to release. Saturday we picked up the girls and went over to dad's for July 4th. It is such a strange feeling as a mom... I wanted a break but then Sat. I really wanted to see them again. Sydney did great in the water and wanted to show everyone that she could go under water. Caitlin was happy sitting on the side putting her feet in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home