Week of May 25th
Monday was Memorial Day. We stayed in and watched the girls jump. We have set up our garage with tricycles and rider toys so they enjoy riding in circles.
Tuesday Melissa came over so Matt and I could attend my Aunt Brenda's funeral, mom's sister. She was a sweet lady who loved making us laugh. That afternoon was Sydney's friend birthday party. It was raining so we put the jumpy in our bonus room and bought a new ball pit. The kids loved it and we had to beg them to come downstairs to eat their Mickey Mouse nuggets. I have been feeling frustrated over this goody bag party favor thing. I truly believe a birthday should be about that person and no one should feel they have to give party favors. I compromised and Sydney handed out a big swirly sucker with a balloon attached. I think it was enough to say thank you for coming but not a big overboard goody bag. This party included these kids with their moms: Madeleine + 1 Jameson, Maya, Lena, Elizabeth + two brothers.
Wednesday we made it to the downtown library. We have been talking about Sydney turning 3 and old enough to start checking out books. So she got her card with a necklace. She checked out 3 books and we have read them before bedtime all week. She treats them with precious care and doesn't let sister touch them..."not for babies."
Thursday and Friday we went to the park that morning and played in our backyard after naps. Sydney loves the climber that mom and Jim got her. She calls it her castle. Caitlin loves playing in the water and sand table...right now it is water and water table because I don't know about sand yet. Friday night Matt went for his weekend golf trip so we took a trip to Costco. Sydney counted 11 sample stations. Those ladies love our girls so they give them plenty of samples. Caitlin ate an entire veggie burger and Sydney devoured some seafood pasta. It was the easiest dinner.
Saturday we picked up Jessie and went to the zoo. Jessie got suckered in to go in the tunnel and down the slides, on the carousel, feeding the birds and a trek to the elephants. We were still home by noon. After nap mom and Jim came out. Sydney loved showing them how to jump and showed them how to ride her tricycle. They stayed to help bath and bedtime.
Sunday we decided to get out the fire engine sprinkler. Sydney loved it but Caitlin had nothing to do with it. She preferred the chair, climbing in and out over and over. Our neighbors have started to come over and visit Sydney. Angela is 4 so Sydney mimics everything. It was nice to see Sydney and Caitlin's face when Matt got home. Sydney kissed and hugged and Caitlin wouldn't let him sit her down after picking her up. Caitlin is now taking steps with encouragement. She likes to stand by herself and then will walk to a couch or chair nearby. She just needs a little more confidence and she will be walking in no time.
One day in the car Sydney started giggling and said, "That's silly." I asked what is silly and she replied, "That car is on top of that truck. It needs gas." It was a tow truck carrying a car.
Tuesday Melissa came over so Matt and I could attend my Aunt Brenda's funeral, mom's sister. She was a sweet lady who loved making us laugh. That afternoon was Sydney's friend birthday party. It was raining so we put the jumpy in our bonus room and bought a new ball pit. The kids loved it and we had to beg them to come downstairs to eat their Mickey Mouse nuggets. I have been feeling frustrated over this goody bag party favor thing. I truly believe a birthday should be about that person and no one should feel they have to give party favors. I compromised and Sydney handed out a big swirly sucker with a balloon attached. I think it was enough to say thank you for coming but not a big overboard goody bag. This party included these kids with their moms: Madeleine + 1 Jameson, Maya, Lena, Elizabeth + two brothers.
Wednesday we made it to the downtown library. We have been talking about Sydney turning 3 and old enough to start checking out books. So she got her card with a necklace. She checked out 3 books and we have read them before bedtime all week. She treats them with precious care and doesn't let sister touch them..."not for babies."
Thursday and Friday we went to the park that morning and played in our backyard after naps. Sydney loves the climber that mom and Jim got her. She calls it her castle. Caitlin loves playing in the water and sand table...right now it is water and water table because I don't know about sand yet. Friday night Matt went for his weekend golf trip so we took a trip to Costco. Sydney counted 11 sample stations. Those ladies love our girls so they give them plenty of samples. Caitlin ate an entire veggie burger and Sydney devoured some seafood pasta. It was the easiest dinner.
Saturday we picked up Jessie and went to the zoo. Jessie got suckered in to go in the tunnel and down the slides, on the carousel, feeding the birds and a trek to the elephants. We were still home by noon. After nap mom and Jim came out. Sydney loved showing them how to jump and showed them how to ride her tricycle. They stayed to help bath and bedtime.
Sunday we decided to get out the fire engine sprinkler. Sydney loved it but Caitlin had nothing to do with it. She preferred the chair, climbing in and out over and over. Our neighbors have started to come over and visit Sydney. Angela is 4 so Sydney mimics everything. It was nice to see Sydney and Caitlin's face when Matt got home. Sydney kissed and hugged and Caitlin wouldn't let him sit her down after picking her up. Caitlin is now taking steps with encouragement. She likes to stand by herself and then will walk to a couch or chair nearby. She just needs a little more confidence and she will be walking in no time.
One day in the car Sydney started giggling and said, "That's silly." I asked what is silly and she replied, "That car is on top of that truck. It needs gas." It was a tow truck carrying a car.

1 Comments:
I agree whole-heartedly about the favor bags! I know I'm not to that stage yet, but I think people go overboard.
Dana
Post a Comment
<< Home