Week of Feb. 21st
Monday after gymnastics we painted and made crafts. It is starting to be an everyday activity. Sydney likes the glue and Caitlin likes the scissors. I did catch Caitlin trying to cut her dress, so now I sit with her every time she is cutting. Sydney has homework each week- cut out 3 pictures that start with the Letter of the Week. It takes a while to find them in magazines or computer. This week was V so we found vacuum, volcano and violin. That afternoon we went to Audrey's.
Tuesday Sydney complained about her ears. The teachers brought her to my office and she kept holding her ears. She cried herself to sleep that night- I stayed with her all night to watch her. She really looked in pain.
Wednesday I stayed home with Sydney and dropped off Caitlin at school. Sydney was fine when she was interacting but really wanted to sleep. We had an appt. scheduled for Caitlin's 3yr so I took both of them in after school.
Caitlin's 3yr checkup. She weighs 30 lbs (50%), 37.5 inches tall (60%), blood pressure 94/50. They perform a simple eye test and asked her to say the pictures from near than far. There was a picture of a man riding a horse, she says "Daddy and horsey." There is a bear, and she says, "Beary." There is a person in a big house, she says, "Daddy in house."
Dr. Smelzer checked out Sydney. Her ears looked clear, negative for strep, he then asked her to look up so he could look in her throat, she screamed, cried, all of the drama came out. He started rubbing her neck and she had pain. We think it was her first pulled muscle or crick in her neck. Yes, I took a sick day for a pulled muscle! Each day was better and after 3 days she was fine.
Friday I took the girls to Science Center. They played so well together and went down the big slide at least 20 times. Sydney was naming some planets and is starting to catch on.
Saturday I went to Claire's baby shower and Matt took the girls back to Science Center. We met at Costco for Matt's eye appt and then after naps mom brought over Evie. They danced and played with the balloons.
Sunday the girls were pumped to walk in to Children's Worship together. It makes getting ready for church so much easier now that Caitlin can go with Sydney to service. That night we went to Claire's for Life Group. Sydney loves Emma and imitates her (she's in 3rd grade).
Caitlin is talking so much now. She loves to twirl on the rug and sing songs. She makes up her own songs that all start with "You know...." Sydney likes to play "mommy" and tell Caitlin, "That is not appropriate" or "Use your kind words. We can't understand you when you whine."
Tuesday Sydney complained about her ears. The teachers brought her to my office and she kept holding her ears. She cried herself to sleep that night- I stayed with her all night to watch her. She really looked in pain.
Wednesday I stayed home with Sydney and dropped off Caitlin at school. Sydney was fine when she was interacting but really wanted to sleep. We had an appt. scheduled for Caitlin's 3yr so I took both of them in after school.
Caitlin's 3yr checkup. She weighs 30 lbs (50%), 37.5 inches tall (60%), blood pressure 94/50. They perform a simple eye test and asked her to say the pictures from near than far. There was a picture of a man riding a horse, she says "Daddy and horsey." There is a bear, and she says, "Beary." There is a person in a big house, she says, "Daddy in house."
Dr. Smelzer checked out Sydney. Her ears looked clear, negative for strep, he then asked her to look up so he could look in her throat, she screamed, cried, all of the drama came out. He started rubbing her neck and she had pain. We think it was her first pulled muscle or crick in her neck. Yes, I took a sick day for a pulled muscle! Each day was better and after 3 days she was fine.
Friday I took the girls to Science Center. They played so well together and went down the big slide at least 20 times. Sydney was naming some planets and is starting to catch on.
Saturday I went to Claire's baby shower and Matt took the girls back to Science Center. We met at Costco for Matt's eye appt and then after naps mom brought over Evie. They danced and played with the balloons.
Sunday the girls were pumped to walk in to Children's Worship together. It makes getting ready for church so much easier now that Caitlin can go with Sydney to service. That night we went to Claire's for Life Group. Sydney loves Emma and imitates her (she's in 3rd grade).
Caitlin is talking so much now. She loves to twirl on the rug and sing songs. She makes up her own songs that all start with "You know...." Sydney likes to play "mommy" and tell Caitlin, "That is not appropriate" or "Use your kind words. We can't understand you when you whine."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home