Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week of Jan. 10th

Monday we woke up to SNOW! Matt canceled work and we all stayed in. Sydney was still running fever so we lounged a lot with her. She was excited to drink lots of juice-she was ticked I wouldn't give her any cheese. Since we were home we decided we could set up Caitlin's big girl bed. We have had it for a while, just waiting for the day. She loved setting it up, putting sheets on and jumping on the bed. We set it beside the crib to help with the transition. It was a great celebration! That night we read books in her bed, turned out lights, sang songs.....then when I am walking out she decides she wants the crib. Without a word, she climbed in the crib and curled up.
Tuesday Caitlin came down at 5. This morning was the first morning she could climb out of her crib because the bed is beside it. Matt said she was grinning and saying "breakfast time."Matt walked her back, told her she had to stay in her room. At 6:45 we hear both girls coming down. Caitlin had woken up Sydney and told her she had to pee. Sydney took her to the bathroom and were both ready to start their day. Thank goodness we were taking a snow day.
We canceled school and stayed home. I used to love snow days and with this new job, I make the call if we are open-not so fun now! That night I drove to work to see how the roads were. I decided we were open Wed. and Thurs. even though the counties were closed. We don't have buses so there was no reason to stay closed. Most kids came and parents thanked me because they had been home for days! The teachers weren't too thrilled because they had to bring their older kids with them to work. I am learning you can't please everyone!
Each night we talked to Caitlin about staying in her room. She has come down every morning. We now have told her she can't come out until she sees the 7. Sydney is getting frustrated waking up so early so we have told Caitlin if she walks into Sydney's room before 7, we will have to put her safety lock on her door.
Friday I woke up with a sore throat- I knew it was coming. Of course this is MLK weekend-the most fun weekend of the whole year with great friends. The Bradley's, Thigpen's, Douglas' this year went up to Eddie's lakehouse. A weekend with no worries. We dropped the girls at mom's house and I lasted a couple of hours before I made my place on the couch-fever, headache and all that stuff. I still could hear all the laughter and jokes, but was so frustrated. We came home Sunday. Matt picked the girls up from Sandy's. I went to bed while he did bedtime routine. We had a long talk that night about Monday. If Matt gets sick, he stays home. If I get sick, I still am mommy with 2 kids. With a 102 fever, I don't think mommy is up for Candyland and playing restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home