Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week of Jan. 17th

Monday Matt stayed home and took the girls to gymnastics. It was my worst day-really slept most of it. Matt dropped the girls at Sandy's so he could go to work. I picked them up that night after dinner. They were so sweet to me. Sydney asked if she could brush my hair to make me feel better. I didn't have a voice, so putting them to bed was quite easy. I couldn't read books or sing, so Sydney sang to Caitlin and read her Moo, Baa La La La. So precious!
Tuesday Matt took the kids to school so I could have one more morning. I broke the fever during the night so each hour got easier. I picked up the girls and we came home. They played beans and playdoh while I watched on the couch.
Wednesday I decided to go back to work. I felt much better, just a raspy voice.
Thursday Caitlin decided to sleep in her big girl bed!!! It took a week but now she is excited. She looked so small in the big bed. She set up her blankets and loveys the exact position they were in the crib.
Friday she came down at 7 so proud of herself-she waited and she didn't wake up Sydney. We woke up to more snow so we were stranded in again. The girls had snow cones. We have made many crafts with all these snow days. Please spring come soon!
Saturday I took Sydney to Raegan's birthday party at Divas and Dudes. She dressed up, hair in a bun with glitter hair spray, nails and makeup. She danced and pranced around. She had been asking to get her hair cut so I told her we could do it today. After the party I told her we could wait one more day so she could show daddy her hair- nope. She wanted it down and cut. That night the girls stayed with Matt while I went to Banica's baby shower. It was nice to see all her friends again.
Sunday we all went to the circus! We've been reading Olivia goes to the Circus and Curious George's Circus so they felt ready. Sydney was glued and kept complaining her eyes hurt (because she didn't want to blink). At intermission we switched seats with Andrea and dad so I took Sydney and Evie to the lower seats. They were amazed at the elephants and trampolines. Caitlin did well the first half and then fell asleep on dad the second half. The ride home was fun with Sydney reflecting and telling us her most favorite moments. The girl remembers details! After naps I took Sydney to Red Robin. Caitlin took a long nap with Matt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home