Week of Dec. 13th
Monday was snow day. It took 20 minutes to bundle up- pick out pajamas, pants, sweater, hat & gloves, jacket and snow shoes. I had wrapped up sleds for Matt's Christmas so he opened presents today. We walked out and Caitlin touched the snow and said "no too cold" shaking her head no and walking back inside. Matt took Sydney to the street and tried sledding- "too fast." So they sledding in our LEVEL yard- Matt pulling the sled. Their most favorite part was the hot cocoa with marshmallows. We tried again after naps and Caitlin last 15 minutes outside- walking in the snow and scooping with her cup. Sydney enjoyed making snow angels.
Tuesday we went to school and most of the snow had melted. School was busy! Moms were worried about the ice coming in and making those decisions on when we will close. I felt a lot of pressure!
Wednesday was not a fun day! The ice was coming in so I decided to dismiss school at 1. I was calling all parents and getting notes home. Caitlin came in to say goodnight for her nap. She was standing in the doorway and tripped over her feet and fell- falling on the edge of the door. She raised up and her face was covered in blood- just gushing! Her teacher Sarah scooped her up while we got ice for her. I paused and took 3 breaths, then got my desk together for the school and took Caitlin to the car. I put her in the car seat and gave her an ice pack (which she didn't like) and told her she had to hold the towel on her head so blood wouldn't get in her eyes! I knew I couldn't put her in the front seat with me, but blood kept dripping in her eyes. I called her doctor and he said to come to him so he could glue it. We drove to Bellevue to meet him. He took one look and said I had to go to Vandy Children's Hospital because it was too deep- about 2 inches deep! He put a bandage on to stop the blood and I was off again. They admitted her very quickly and the doctor came in to examine her. He told me she would need to be sedated for surgery! SURGERY! A TWO YEAR OLD! She had to go 4 hours with no food or drink so surgery was scheduled for 4pm with a plastic surgeon. They put a gel pack on her forehead that numbed it. After that she was fine- watching tv, smiling, talking on the phone, no worries. Blood would squeeze out of the pack and she was say, "mommy, wipe it please." I watched them put her under. She got a glaze and then eyes started going back and forth. It took about 20 minutes and then I got to go back in the room. It took 45 minutes for her to wake up. Her eyes kept moving, she would see me then flip out because she didn't know where she was, then she fell asleep. We let her sleep about 30 minutes, then the nurse said she had to drink something to get discharged. It was painful to wake her up and she was not happy. She got down a Popsicle and we got home. I had to clean her up and she was ready for bed. The next morning she complained her boo boo was her hand where the IV was.
Thursday we went to school for the Christmas program. Caitlin woke up cheery and ready to go. She was excited to be in the program, and she got lots of attention with her big bandage on her forehead. She didn't sing a word but was cute sitting with all the kids. Sydney enjoyed performing and singing all the words. She waved at all the family there- Matt, mom, Sandy, Melissa, dad and Shelley. Afterwards they helped me clean up and lock up for the holidays. Dad and Shelley met us at home and ate some lunch. The girls have enjoyed opening my school presents. Sydney has enjoyed opening the Christmas cards. When she sees a baby, she says, "Oh she is so cute!"
Friday we set up for our Kid Christmas Party. Banica came in first and Sydney asked for her coat to take to my bed. I didn't even tell her to do it! When people were leaving, she would give out a treat bag and say, "Thank you for coming to my party." It was precious! The party went well in the new house. We had trains in the living room, crafts in the dining room, treats in the kitchen, playroom and jumpy in the garage. Caitlin had a hard time understanding that she couldn't jump with her boo boo. She stayed in the playroom with the triplets. Sydney did lots of crafts with Lucy and Madeleine. There were 17 kids there!
Saturday I took them to moms for an overnight. I hosted adpi couples dinner. We had a nice dinner and played Dirty Santa. We all get along and tell great stories from college.
Sunday mom brought the kids home. Jevin and Melissa came over to Matt and I could go to our Sunday school party. We had a good time, but we are partied out! We need a couple of days to settle before gearing up for the family Christmas get-togethers. We have had Pippy the Elf. He flies to the North Pole each night and comes back each morning, hiding in a different spot. Today he fell over. Sydney said, "He is so tired he fell asleep!" Pippy brings a present on the doorstep each morning. They fight over who is opening the door and who gets to pick up the present. They have enjoyed opening and waving a Pippy saying Thank you.
Tuesday we went to school and most of the snow had melted. School was busy! Moms were worried about the ice coming in and making those decisions on when we will close. I felt a lot of pressure!
Wednesday was not a fun day! The ice was coming in so I decided to dismiss school at 1. I was calling all parents and getting notes home. Caitlin came in to say goodnight for her nap. She was standing in the doorway and tripped over her feet and fell- falling on the edge of the door. She raised up and her face was covered in blood- just gushing! Her teacher Sarah scooped her up while we got ice for her. I paused and took 3 breaths, then got my desk together for the school and took Caitlin to the car. I put her in the car seat and gave her an ice pack (which she didn't like) and told her she had to hold the towel on her head so blood wouldn't get in her eyes! I knew I couldn't put her in the front seat with me, but blood kept dripping in her eyes. I called her doctor and he said to come to him so he could glue it. We drove to Bellevue to meet him. He took one look and said I had to go to Vandy Children's Hospital because it was too deep- about 2 inches deep! He put a bandage on to stop the blood and I was off again. They admitted her very quickly and the doctor came in to examine her. He told me she would need to be sedated for surgery! SURGERY! A TWO YEAR OLD! She had to go 4 hours with no food or drink so surgery was scheduled for 4pm with a plastic surgeon. They put a gel pack on her forehead that numbed it. After that she was fine- watching tv, smiling, talking on the phone, no worries. Blood would squeeze out of the pack and she was say, "mommy, wipe it please." I watched them put her under. She got a glaze and then eyes started going back and forth. It took about 20 minutes and then I got to go back in the room. It took 45 minutes for her to wake up. Her eyes kept moving, she would see me then flip out because she didn't know where she was, then she fell asleep. We let her sleep about 30 minutes, then the nurse said she had to drink something to get discharged. It was painful to wake her up and she was not happy. She got down a Popsicle and we got home. I had to clean her up and she was ready for bed. The next morning she complained her boo boo was her hand where the IV was.
Thursday we went to school for the Christmas program. Caitlin woke up cheery and ready to go. She was excited to be in the program, and she got lots of attention with her big bandage on her forehead. She didn't sing a word but was cute sitting with all the kids. Sydney enjoyed performing and singing all the words. She waved at all the family there- Matt, mom, Sandy, Melissa, dad and Shelley. Afterwards they helped me clean up and lock up for the holidays. Dad and Shelley met us at home and ate some lunch. The girls have enjoyed opening my school presents. Sydney has enjoyed opening the Christmas cards. When she sees a baby, she says, "Oh she is so cute!"
Friday we set up for our Kid Christmas Party. Banica came in first and Sydney asked for her coat to take to my bed. I didn't even tell her to do it! When people were leaving, she would give out a treat bag and say, "Thank you for coming to my party." It was precious! The party went well in the new house. We had trains in the living room, crafts in the dining room, treats in the kitchen, playroom and jumpy in the garage. Caitlin had a hard time understanding that she couldn't jump with her boo boo. She stayed in the playroom with the triplets. Sydney did lots of crafts with Lucy and Madeleine. There were 17 kids there!
Saturday I took them to moms for an overnight. I hosted adpi couples dinner. We had a nice dinner and played Dirty Santa. We all get along and tell great stories from college.
Sunday mom brought the kids home. Jevin and Melissa came over to Matt and I could go to our Sunday school party. We had a good time, but we are partied out! We need a couple of days to settle before gearing up for the family Christmas get-togethers. We have had Pippy the Elf. He flies to the North Pole each night and comes back each morning, hiding in a different spot. Today he fell over. Sydney said, "He is so tired he fell asleep!" Pippy brings a present on the doorstep each morning. They fight over who is opening the door and who gets to pick up the present. They have enjoyed opening and waving a Pippy saying Thank you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home