Monday, January 03, 2011

Week of Dec. 27th

Monday we went to the preschool gym to play with friends. Mom met us their and we all went to lunch. She came back to our house to see what Santa brought the girls. I had a doc appt. so she stayed with the girls. After naps we started our potty training celebration. We brought in 2 potties and let Caitlin go free.
Tuesday and Wednesday we woke up, took off her diaper and MORE potty training. I sat out all kinds of liquids, even ate ice cream at snack time. I set up prizes for the girls- Caitlin gets to pick one if she goes, Sydney gets to pick one if she helps. They ate it up! Caitlin liked to go every 10 minutes so we didn't have to set the timer. She had 2 accidents on Tuesday and no accidents on Wednesday.
Thursday she went when we woke up and then after an hour. YES! The 3rd full day is when their bodies regulate. I told her if she was successful by snack time, she earned panties! She was so proud of herself to wear panties! We took them to mom's before naps so Matt and I could go to the Music City Bowl. Matt got tickets from work in a suite-windows, free food, it was fun! Mom kept them for an overnight and said Caitlin did great going to the potty.
Friday Matt picked them up. We cleaned a little bit and started taking down Christmas decorations. Last year I was so ready to be done-this year I can't believe it is over. It was such a fun week! After naps we went outside. Last week was snowing and today was 50 degrees! That night was New Year's Eve. Andrea, Davy and VV came over for dinner. Davy grilled out and the girls played with the dollhouse. They left by 8 and we were asleep by 9- forgot about the ball dropping!
Sunday after church I took some time to go shopping with my gift cards-lots of deals! I came home with new panties and they thought it was Christmas again!
Our 2 quotes from Christmas break- 1. Sydney was talking about babies and bellies. She said, "Mommy had me in her belly, God created me, what do you do daddy?"
2nd favorite- sitting at the table. Caitlin hit Sydney. Sydney said, "Don't hit me. Hitting hurts." Caitlin replies with, "GOOD WORDS SYDNEY!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home