Sunday, January 03, 2010

Week of Dec. 28th

Monday morning we hosted playgroup. Sydney and Caitlin were thrilled to pull out the dress up clothes. There are some great pictures of Caroline and Maya with the girls.
Tuesday we went to church to play in the gym. Sydney wanted to show me her classroom and where she naps..."beside the table with my head lying here." After naps I dropped them off at mom's for an overnight. Matt and I went to dinner with Nick and Carolyn. We talked about hiring her as our real estate agent.
Wednesday I did some returns, cleaned the house and had time to catch up on some reading. I picked the girls up after naps and stayed through dinner. They both sang the whole way home. Sydney starts a song and then makes up words. Caitlin just hums along and then says "more."
Thursday was New Year's Eve. After naps Jessie and Dustin, Andrea and VV came over. After dinner Andrea attempted to leave Evie and see if she would spend the night with AUNT and UNCLE! She did great and Sydney was thrilled the next morning. They played in the jumpy and Sydney lead her around the house showing her EVERY toy.
Saturday we went to see Sandy and Johnny's new home. The girls loved opening boxes and she had a photographer come out to take pictures. We had a great lunch and tried to find new ways back home. Matt and I love timing routes and finding shortcuts.
Sunday Carolyn came over during naps and we had our first meeting about selling and buying. I was so excited I started taking down frames and putting things in boxes.
Our night routine has been really good the past couple of months. One of us gives them baths and then we switch up putting the girls down. Caitlin likes Matt brushing her teeth and drying her hair...he is more patient. Sydney wants me to brush her hair and dry it. After we read and sing, Sydney likes to play a bit and then puts herself to bed. I didn't think she would do it, but she plays for 15-20 minutes then turns out the light and covers herself up. Tonight she begged Matt to come back in her room and sing lullaby and tuck her in. He explained that was not what they discussed earlier. She threw a little fit and then decided to "negotiate." She then tells Matt to sing to her while she gets in bed. She runs back to her room leaving the door open, turns out her light and gets into her bed. We thought she was going to bed, but then we hear Sydney screaming, "Ok Daddy I'm ready. Now sing to me." Matt and I are laughing so hard then we hear, "Louder Daddy. I can't hear you." Matt sings loudly to the openness and then she says "Goodnight." We had tears from laughing so hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home