Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Week of Nov. 2nd

Caitlin woke up with a cough so we cancelled this week's plans. I have been working on Positive Parenting and Love and Logic. I told Sydney, "You can feel angry but you can't throw the toy." By Wednesday she was telling me she felt frustrated and was asking, "Will you help me please?" I am so excited that I have found what works for us. The best tip everyone needs to know...The beginning of bedtime routine I show her the clock. I point the long hand on the 1 and tell her she is going to sleep when it reaches the 6. This makes the clock the bad guy and not mommy. She rushes getting ready so she has enough time to read books. When it reaches the 6 I tell her it is bedtime and we will have more time tomorrow. She understands this and there is no more fussing about one more book or one more song. I have so much more energy and I have not snapped or yelled all week!! WOOHOO!
Friday Audrey and the kids came over. Sydney and Madeleine played birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday at least 20 times. The Melissa and Doug Wooden Birthday cake is a great 3yr old gift. For dinner, Jessie, Dustin, Andrea and VV came over for dinner. They girls watched a little of Mary Poppins and then we played Apples to Apples. Sydney felt like a big kid staying up a little later and showing VV how to do things around the house.
Sunday I hosted Paige's baby shower so Matt took the girls to dad's house after church. It was a lovely shower and I met some great people. Paige got some great handmade gifts! I enjoy hosting and really hope our next house is set up so I can do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home