Monday, December 21, 2009

Week of Dec. 14th

Monday we went to Margot's for playgroup. They played with the clubhouse and Caitlin loved putting beads on for a necklace. Sydney loves to follow Lily around and "protect" her.
Tuesday our new chairs came in for our kitchen table. We had been waiting since May so we were very excited. That night I went to Kelly's for adpi dinner. She is loving Switzerland and we all love hearing stories.
Wednesday I dropped Caitlin off at dad and Shelley's so I Karilynn could cut my hair. Then I went to Sydney's Christmas party at school. They decorated an ornament and she showed me crafts she has made in class. We picked up Caitlin and then came home to find Roo sick. He is eating the pine needles on the Christmas tree so when he gets sick, it isn't pretty. There is a cute picture of Sydney lying beside him petting him.
Thursday was Sydney's Christmas program. Matt, mom, Sandy, Melissa, Andrea, dad and Shelley came out to see her. She knew all the songs and smiled throughout the program. Then we went to my house for some cookies. She was excited to show everyone the elf and our decorations.
Friday was a big day. We had our Christmas party at 10 for my friends and their kids. There were about 10 kids and they all loved the jumpy, crafts, coloring and lunch. Sydney and I made Christmas tree desserts using a sugar cone, icing, green sprinkles, mini m&ms and gum drops. She was so proud to offer them. That afternoon we hosted a kid party for Sydney's school and church friends. We had 25 kids here. It was crazy but no one was hurt and they had a blast! Sydney handed out her gifts when the kids left and said, "Thank you for coming to my party. Merry Christmas." We have worked on that for a week. The best moment was that night when I was tucking her bed, I asked her about the day and she was telling me her favorite moments. She said she loved all her friends and enjoyed playing with everyone. I had a moment knowing we are raising her well and she is such a great kid. She knows the joy of giving and loves friends. WOW!
Saturday Matt helped Johnny and Sandy move to their new house. After naps we went to Laci's house for a kid Christmas party. Sydney and Caitlin loved playing with their toys and we made 4 crafts with them.
Sunday Matt went to the Titans' game. It was my last Sunday school class to teach the 2's. I was sad but runny noses have started so it is a nice break. After naps we went to the Wood's house for our Sunday school party. There were about 30 kids with 9 babysitters. Sydney kept asking if Aria would be there and then when she walked into the door it was such a special moment to see them hug and talk to each other..."I am so happy you are here. Me too. Let's go play. I'll show you the drums."
Sydney wakes up in the morning and runs to open the door to find a present from Pippy the elf. She and Caitlin tear open the box to find candy canes, books, dress up clothes, coloring books, snacks, etc. After opening she always runs to the elf and says thank you to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home