Week of Oct. 26th
Monday we went to Jevin and Melissa's house to celebrate Sandy's birthday. They were timid of Bogey, the dog, but enjoyed being held by Gama and Granddaddy. They helped Gama blow out her candles and of course tried out the cake.
Tuesday we picked Sydney up and went to dad's house. Sydney slept the whole way. The girls played chase around the house. They screamed with delight when Jessie and Dustin came in and Sydney took Dustin straight to the puzzles. AA and VV came and all three girls ran around. They helped Gigi blow her candles out. Sydney was asleep before we got on the interstate and Caitlin sang the whole way home. We listen to piano music at night in the car so Caitlin hummed with the music.
Wednesday Matt's game got rained out. Jevin came over with Bogey. He likes to stop by when Melissa is out of town.
Thursday Sandy came out during Caitlin's nap so I could go to Sydney's Halloween party at school. All the children dressed up and were so happy to show each other their costume.
Friday after naps we went to Audrey's house. They girls played dress up and Caitlin and Jameson played with pushing toys.
Saturday we went to Sandy's to knock on their door with their costumes. The butterfly and caterpillar loved ringing the doorbell and getting some snacks from Gama. After naps we ate some vegetable soup and all went trick or treating. I was expecting Sydney to enjoy 4-5 houses and then get tired of the steps, but she got into it and we walked around the subdivision. Mom, Matt and I would take turned holding Caitlin and walking them up to the door. The last 3 houses Sydney wanted to ride in the wagon. We then drove to Andrea's house to see the rest of the family. After another lollipop we went home and were still in bed by 8.
Sunday Caitlin woke up with a cough. I don't know if it is from the festivities or really getting a cold. So Matt stayed home with her while I took Sydney to church. We picked up Vittles and surprised Matt with food. It is our new favorite restaurant. During naps Matt went to play softball and mom and Jim came out to play with the girls because I went to a Positive Parenting class. It is always good to hear different parenting tips and learn new strategies. I am trying not to use the words "don't" and "no." So this week I will try to say "hands to yourself" instead of "don't hit your sister or don't take that toy away from her."
The other morning Sydney was helping me unload the dishwasher. She likes to put the silverware away. Caitlin was wanting to help so I told Sydney to "teach" her how to unload the silverware. The next couple of minutes I watched Sydney put a spoon up and then Caitlin take it out and put it back in the dishwasher. It was priceless!
Tuesday we picked Sydney up and went to dad's house. Sydney slept the whole way. The girls played chase around the house. They screamed with delight when Jessie and Dustin came in and Sydney took Dustin straight to the puzzles. AA and VV came and all three girls ran around. They helped Gigi blow her candles out. Sydney was asleep before we got on the interstate and Caitlin sang the whole way home. We listen to piano music at night in the car so Caitlin hummed with the music.
Wednesday Matt's game got rained out. Jevin came over with Bogey. He likes to stop by when Melissa is out of town.
Thursday Sandy came out during Caitlin's nap so I could go to Sydney's Halloween party at school. All the children dressed up and were so happy to show each other their costume.
Friday after naps we went to Audrey's house. They girls played dress up and Caitlin and Jameson played with pushing toys.
Saturday we went to Sandy's to knock on their door with their costumes. The butterfly and caterpillar loved ringing the doorbell and getting some snacks from Gama. After naps we ate some vegetable soup and all went trick or treating. I was expecting Sydney to enjoy 4-5 houses and then get tired of the steps, but she got into it and we walked around the subdivision. Mom, Matt and I would take turned holding Caitlin and walking them up to the door. The last 3 houses Sydney wanted to ride in the wagon. We then drove to Andrea's house to see the rest of the family. After another lollipop we went home and were still in bed by 8.
Sunday Caitlin woke up with a cough. I don't know if it is from the festivities or really getting a cold. So Matt stayed home with her while I took Sydney to church. We picked up Vittles and surprised Matt with food. It is our new favorite restaurant. During naps Matt went to play softball and mom and Jim came out to play with the girls because I went to a Positive Parenting class. It is always good to hear different parenting tips and learn new strategies. I am trying not to use the words "don't" and "no." So this week I will try to say "hands to yourself" instead of "don't hit your sister or don't take that toy away from her."
The other morning Sydney was helping me unload the dishwasher. She likes to put the silverware away. Caitlin was wanting to help so I told Sydney to "teach" her how to unload the silverware. The next couple of minutes I watched Sydney put a spoon up and then Caitlin take it out and put it back in the dishwasher. It was priceless!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home