Week of Oct. 5th
Monday we met playgroup at the Nature Center park. The girls wore old clothes and loved making mud pies, splashing mud puddles and going down the slide. That night I had dinner at Jessie's house. She talked about her plans for the wedding and how much she loved babysitting Caitlin last night.
Tuesday morning Sydney and I got our flu shots. She was so good up to the point when she saw the needle. Then we had to hold her down. And of course when it was over, she asked if she could have ice cream for her "good" behavior. After dropping Sydney off at school, I took Caitlin down to the Health Center. I was sitting beside a person with chains and hand cuffs and there were 3 cops standing around. I lasted 30 minutes and when Caitlin started playing with his shoelaces, I decided it wasn't worth the free flu shot for her. I then went to a walk in clinic and paid $30.
Wednesday after school we met Mary and her kids at the park. We lasted 20 minutes until they had to go home to the bathroom. Since it was cut early we decided to go to Matt's softball game. We usually don't stay out late on school nights but it was a 6:00 game. They love the park and cheered daddy, Jessie, Dustin and Gigi on.
Friday I dropped off the girls at Sandy's house so I could go sit with Granny. She is in Hospice and doesn't look good. She is in no pain and now it is a waiting period. Dad and Kathy seemed to be dealing well with it. Shelley lost her sister-in-law last week so they have had a rough week.
Saturday we went to Gentry's Farm. Rebecca and Maya were there so Sydney was thrilled. They have a fun obstacle course in a barn. Caitlin did well keeping up with the girls. She ran, climbed the ladders and crawled through the tunnel.
Sunday Caitlin had a runny nose so Matt stayed home with her while I took Sydney to church. Teaching Sunday school by yourself is tough and lonely. I missed my partner.
We moved the big chair into Sydney's room last week and now I can sit with both girls and read books. They do well on my lap until Caitlin tries to grab the book. Then I have to decide which one gets off my lap. I love reading to them and Sydney is starting to copy my tone in some books when she practices her reading to Caitlin. It is so precious to listen to her. As she reads to Caitlin, Caitlin is putting on 10 bracelets and 15 necklaces, beaming ear to ear. I am so thankful I can stay home and see this every day. Thank you Matt!
Tuesday morning Sydney and I got our flu shots. She was so good up to the point when she saw the needle. Then we had to hold her down. And of course when it was over, she asked if she could have ice cream for her "good" behavior. After dropping Sydney off at school, I took Caitlin down to the Health Center. I was sitting beside a person with chains and hand cuffs and there were 3 cops standing around. I lasted 30 minutes and when Caitlin started playing with his shoelaces, I decided it wasn't worth the free flu shot for her. I then went to a walk in clinic and paid $30.
Wednesday after school we met Mary and her kids at the park. We lasted 20 minutes until they had to go home to the bathroom. Since it was cut early we decided to go to Matt's softball game. We usually don't stay out late on school nights but it was a 6:00 game. They love the park and cheered daddy, Jessie, Dustin and Gigi on.
Friday I dropped off the girls at Sandy's house so I could go sit with Granny. She is in Hospice and doesn't look good. She is in no pain and now it is a waiting period. Dad and Kathy seemed to be dealing well with it. Shelley lost her sister-in-law last week so they have had a rough week.
Saturday we went to Gentry's Farm. Rebecca and Maya were there so Sydney was thrilled. They have a fun obstacle course in a barn. Caitlin did well keeping up with the girls. She ran, climbed the ladders and crawled through the tunnel.
Sunday Caitlin had a runny nose so Matt stayed home with her while I took Sydney to church. Teaching Sunday school by yourself is tough and lonely. I missed my partner.
We moved the big chair into Sydney's room last week and now I can sit with both girls and read books. They do well on my lap until Caitlin tries to grab the book. Then I have to decide which one gets off my lap. I love reading to them and Sydney is starting to copy my tone in some books when she practices her reading to Caitlin. It is so precious to listen to her. As she reads to Caitlin, Caitlin is putting on 10 bracelets and 15 necklaces, beaming ear to ear. I am so thankful I can stay home and see this every day. Thank you Matt!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home