Week of July 26th
Monday we went to the church. Ms. Ashley keeps the girls 9-12 while I work and have meetings. I am getting so much done. For lunch, we met Melissa W. and her kids at Chick-fil-A. Lucy and Sydney carried on a conversation! It was so precious to watch those little future leaders.
Wednesday we went to the zoo for member morning. We rode the carousel 4 times before 9am. I let them pick one thing to do there...Sydney chose the playground and Caitlin chose the blue padded area. Again, we didn't see any animals. After naps, we celebrated dad's birthday. Evie was there so the three girls ran around, played in the tent and enjoyed the playhouse.
Thursday we went to church. I had my first interview...so different being on the other side. I think I was more nervous than she was. After naps, we celebrated Evie's family birthday at her house. The girls jumped in the jumpy house and they played baby in her room. Caitlin loved playing in Evie's play kitchen. Sydney gave Evie a bag of creatures/figurines and Caitlin gave her a tea party set.
Friday Audrey came over. The girls played upstairs...Madeleine was Ariel, Sydney was Sleeping Beauty and Caitlin was Belle. They took turns putting each other to "sleep" and pretending to be mommy. We bathed them all together...Sydney and Madeleine were thrilled to have the same nightgown.
Saturday we went to the lake...our first overnight attempt with 2 girls. We planned on just a day trip, but they were having so much fun, we decided to stay the night. Getting them to sleep was a little difficult, but waking up the next morning with all 4 of us together in one room was priceless. We need to have more slumber parties! That morning Shelley asked Sydney how she slept. Sydney said, "Like this" and rolled on her side and closed her eyes.
Wednesday we went to the zoo for member morning. We rode the carousel 4 times before 9am. I let them pick one thing to do there...Sydney chose the playground and Caitlin chose the blue padded area. Again, we didn't see any animals. After naps, we celebrated dad's birthday. Evie was there so the three girls ran around, played in the tent and enjoyed the playhouse.
Thursday we went to church. I had my first interview...so different being on the other side. I think I was more nervous than she was. After naps, we celebrated Evie's family birthday at her house. The girls jumped in the jumpy house and they played baby in her room. Caitlin loved playing in Evie's play kitchen. Sydney gave Evie a bag of creatures/figurines and Caitlin gave her a tea party set.
Friday Audrey came over. The girls played upstairs...Madeleine was Ariel, Sydney was Sleeping Beauty and Caitlin was Belle. They took turns putting each other to "sleep" and pretending to be mommy. We bathed them all together...Sydney and Madeleine were thrilled to have the same nightgown.
Saturday we went to the lake...our first overnight attempt with 2 girls. We planned on just a day trip, but they were having so much fun, we decided to stay the night. Getting them to sleep was a little difficult, but waking up the next morning with all 4 of us together in one room was priceless. We need to have more slumber parties! That morning Shelley asked Sydney how she slept. Sydney said, "Like this" and rolled on her side and closed her eyes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home