Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week of Mar 8th

Monday we went to the zoo. It was amazing! The girls held hands and walked around to each animal. Sydney would ask Caitlin where she wanted to go, Caitlin would say an animal and Sydney would lead her like she was the zookeeper. Andrea and VV met us in the playground...listening to the three girls talking was priceless. After naps we went to Margot's for playgroup. We played outside and practiced swinging.
Tuesday night I hosted bookclub. We discussed The Family You've Always Wanted. Here is my advice...if you know anyone engaged, a great gift is The Marriage You've Always Wanted by Gary Chapman. Awesome book for couples.
Wednesday I took Caitlin to the new house. We painted 10 samples on the walls. How hard is it to get a light beige? For dinner we ate pancakes at church. I stayed late for a meeting.
Friday we went to Audrey's house. We didn't hear any arguing or whining. They play so well together.
Saturday we stopped by Goodpasture to watch the baseball Alumni game. Then we ate lunch at mom's house. Sydney stayed the night with Nanny and Papa. They went shopping, rode the Carousel and train. While Matt was at home during Caitlin's nap, I met Carolyn and Nancy at the new house. We went over some paint colors, fixtures and remodeling. Then Heather stopped by and gave me her great opinion. I felt so much better after talking with them. I just don't want to make a mistake, and I don't enjoy this remodeling. Moving was going to be next Saturday but the paint has been delayed because of the dry wall so now we are moving the following Wednesday.
At bedtime, Sydney's happy moment was eating a cookie with Nanny and her sad moment was leaving Nanny's house. Our new thing at bedtime is I tell her an imaginary story before I leave...3 minutes tops. Then the next morning she tells me if she finished the story. It gives her something to think about when I leave if she isn't sleepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home