Sunday, March 09, 2008

Week of March 3rd

This week Caitlin has been spitting up and grunting a lot. Each time we lie her down, could be right after a feeding or two hours after a feeding, she spits up and wakes up. The nights are still a challenge, but each night gets better. Since the snacking every hour last week, we are trying to feed every 2 1/2-3 hours. Sydney isn't liking that too much, so I am trying to time most of them when she is asleep. Sandy came out to pick up Sydney Wednesday for the library and an overnight. Friday Sydney starting fussing and wouldn't sleep long. That night she got fever. So Saturday Matt took her to moms so she wouldn't be around Caitlin. She is staying with her until the fever breaks. Mom has decided to take off work Monday to stay home with her. I am so blessed to have family during this. The Beaty's brought us dinner Tues., Andrea E. brought dinner Thursday, and the church brought dinner Mon., Wed., and Friday. It has been so helpful. Saturday night we hosted Heather's bachelorette party. It went so well because Matt would bring Caitlin to me downstairs to feed her and then take her up afterwards.

So Sydney's new favorite words are "I do." It is so funny to hear her. I ask her, "Do you want to go outside?" She answers, "I do." Too cute! She is starting to nurse her babies and use the boppy. She is so into Elmo and puts him in her stroller. It snowed on Saturday morning, so she wanted to eat breakfast by the window to look out. This age is so great. She is trying out so many words. She will look straight at you and start babbling, nodding her head, and using her arms. She is totally making sentences in her mind. If anyone has pointers on how to cut her nails, let me know. She forbids me to touch them. Matt and I pinned her down the other day because they were too long to manage. She was cutting herself and us. That girl can scream when she wants to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home