Week of Feb. 17th
Sunday we had some visitors in the hospital: Dad flew in from Houston, Eric and Nan, Carolyn and Nick, Aunt Kathy, Sandy came back from Chicago, Heather, Jessie drove in from Knoxville, Jevin and Melissa, mom, Andrea and Travis, and Banica got away from the triplets for a few minutes.
Monday dad and Jessie came that morning and Sandy brought Sydney. She opened the door, saw all of us and just stood there. Then she played with the balloons and started to eat what I was eating. She opened a couple of presents and then decided to check out baby Caitlin. She kissed her and that was about it. Sandy took Sydney to our house for her nap and we started the check out procedure. Nick and our Minister Smith stopped by and Jessie stayed to help pack up. We finally left around 2, picked up Krystals, and came home. Sandy and Johnny were there with Sydney. Mom stopped by with some gifts. We filmed Sydney seeing the baby at home, but she really didn't care too much about her. That night was miserable. Caitlin did not want to be put in the bassinet. She only slept when I was holding her. I pretty much slept the entire next day.
Tuesday Spencer and Lana stopped by. Sydney demanded they play with her. That afternoon Karilynn brought us dinner and her girls and Sydney played upstairs.
Wednesday Matt took Sydney to the library for storytime while Caitlin and I took a nap. The rest of the day and Thursday we started adjusting. Matt played with Sydney while I fed Caitlin. Andrea brought us dinner Wednesday night and the church brought dinner Thursday.
Friday Audrey and her kids came over. Madeleine was scared of Matt so he had to leave the room a lot. The girls played while Audrey and I fed the babies. They left after lunch and Matt took Sydney to Sandy's for her nap. Sydney stayed the night with my mom so we could get some sleep. Caitlin had another bad night so I slept until noon the next day.
Saturday mom brought Sydney back home, Andrea and Travis brought Evie over, and Nick and Christie stopped by after dinner. We watched the big basketball game (UT vs. Memphis) and then I started the late night feedings. Caitlin is sleeping 4 hours if I start off holding her and swaddle her up. If she comes out of the blanket then the night shift is doomed! I am feeding her every 3 hrs. during the day and then every 4 at night. Hopefully next week my body will toughen up and I can start a better feeding schedule. Matt is staying home next week to help with Sydney. I am dreading the day he goes back to work.
Monday dad and Jessie came that morning and Sandy brought Sydney. She opened the door, saw all of us and just stood there. Then she played with the balloons and started to eat what I was eating. She opened a couple of presents and then decided to check out baby Caitlin. She kissed her and that was about it. Sandy took Sydney to our house for her nap and we started the check out procedure. Nick and our Minister Smith stopped by and Jessie stayed to help pack up. We finally left around 2, picked up Krystals, and came home. Sandy and Johnny were there with Sydney. Mom stopped by with some gifts. We filmed Sydney seeing the baby at home, but she really didn't care too much about her. That night was miserable. Caitlin did not want to be put in the bassinet. She only slept when I was holding her. I pretty much slept the entire next day.
Tuesday Spencer and Lana stopped by. Sydney demanded they play with her. That afternoon Karilynn brought us dinner and her girls and Sydney played upstairs.
Wednesday Matt took Sydney to the library for storytime while Caitlin and I took a nap. The rest of the day and Thursday we started adjusting. Matt played with Sydney while I fed Caitlin. Andrea brought us dinner Wednesday night and the church brought dinner Thursday.
Friday Audrey and her kids came over. Madeleine was scared of Matt so he had to leave the room a lot. The girls played while Audrey and I fed the babies. They left after lunch and Matt took Sydney to Sandy's for her nap. Sydney stayed the night with my mom so we could get some sleep. Caitlin had another bad night so I slept until noon the next day.
Saturday mom brought Sydney back home, Andrea and Travis brought Evie over, and Nick and Christie stopped by after dinner. We watched the big basketball game (UT vs. Memphis) and then I started the late night feedings. Caitlin is sleeping 4 hours if I start off holding her and swaddle her up. If she comes out of the blanket then the night shift is doomed! I am feeding her every 3 hrs. during the day and then every 4 at night. Hopefully next week my body will toughen up and I can start a better feeding schedule. Matt is staying home next week to help with Sydney. I am dreading the day he goes back to work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home