Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Week of May 21

Monday we went to mom's school for a cookout. So many people held and kissed me. I loved watching the kids run and play outside.
Tuesday was my BIRTHDAY!!! I am ONE! We went to playgroup with 8 friends. All 7 friends were sitting nicely playing with toys, and I would crawl to each one and play with them. All the moms would sit with their child, and mom would follow me around while I explored. That afternoon we met daddy in Franklin to shop for my 12 month dress and eat dinner at Otter's.
Wednesday daddy surprised me. He stayed home with mommy and me. We played in our pjs, went to the playarea in the mall, and then my doc. appt. that afternoon. Dr. Smelzer told mommy that I should be off baby food, start using a sippy cup instead of my bottle, and drink whole milk instead of formula. I am in for a rocky road next week. Daddy calls is "boot camp for one year old babies."
Thursday we went to Grando's to play. I chased Gigi and Jessie around. They tried on some bathing suits and walked me around while I pointed at everything. I am so curious.
Friday we cleaned all day getting ready for my birthday party tomorrow. Mommy baked a lot of cakes trying new recipes for my birthday cake. Jenni came over that night and stayed with us. She let me crawl all over her, and she liked kissing my feet a lot.
Saturday was party day! Daddy and I rested a lot while mama finished up preparing the cake. We went to Costco's to pick up the big cake for the guests. Family came over at 4:30. I saw all the people I loved: Nanny and Grandpa Jim, Gama and Granddaddy, Gigi and Grando, Auntie A and Lana, Jevin and Melissa, Andrew, Jessie and Dustin, Charlie and Karilynn and Meg and Janey, Audrey and James and Madeleine. Everyone kept feeding me watermelon. Then I got to eat my cake. Mama cut out a number 1 and decorated with white and pink icing. It was carrot cake made with applesauce instead of sugar. I LOVED playing with it, tasted it a little, but really enjoyed mushing it in my hands. Everyone sang to me which really interested me. They were really loud and kept staring at me. I showed them my trick...I like to tilt my head when someone calls me sweet. Afterwards I opened my gifts and then showed them how I push my tricycle. It was the best day of my life. I didn't fuss and got lots of pictures.
Sunday we went to Audrey's for Madeleine's birthday party. We met all her friends and family. I gave her some balloons so we played with them a while. Audrey had strawberries which I loved! I had an awesome week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! She is so cute. It sounds like she had a fun birthday with her mommy and daddy. :)
~Kiersten~

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home