Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week of May 3rd

This week has been so sad. We drive past houses that are destroyed and gutted out. Cars are covered with mud from being underwater and so many families without homes.
Tuesday I tried to take Sydney to school. After an hour and a half driving around getting blocked by flooded roads, we decided to come home. We still didn't have cell or phones but had power.
Thursday Shelley met us at school to take Caitlin home with her while I stayed at the preschool with Sydney. That afternoon was Moments with Moms at preschool. The teachers make a memory book from the year. It is amazing what they teachers can do. Sydney gave me a picture and a flower pot decorated with her fingers at the flower petals. That night I went to adpi dinner and Matt put the girls to sleep.
Friday Sydney walked down and I noticed something about her hair but thought Matt had left her hair in a ponytail. Then I realized her hair was GONE! I asked her where her hair was and she said "in my office." I asked her if she cut it and she said "Caitlin did it." I asked her to show me where her hair was and she proudly took me to her room where I found patches of hair around her office. I asked her why she cut her hair and she told me she was hot. I told her we couldn't go to the zoo today because now we have to go to the hair salon so they can fix her hair. I took her scissors away for the consequence and told her she had to cut with my supervision...we had lots of talks about honesty and read Pinocchio. We went to Snip Its and Sydney has the cutest bob hair style. There is a patch at the top where it is spiked up but most people don't notice it. It really looks good but we are trying not to go on and on about it because she disobeyed us. We told her next time to tell us she wanted to cut her hair and we would get her a doll or a horse, but not your hair!
Sunday at church everyone was stopping her and telling her how cute her hair was. She was swishing it side to side and telling them she cut it....she was so proud of herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home