Week of April 12th
Monday we hosted playgroup for mom's club. They played outside and climbed the fence. Then they destroyed the playroom having too much fun. We have 8 girls now so it doesn't take much to destroy the room.
This week Sydney went back to school. It was nice to have both at home last week. Now I am back into our routine so we are practicing our letters and numbers with Caitlin. She is trying to speak more words and is understanding quickly. She loves to sing and hum with me. She tries Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, Itsy Bitsy Spider, You are my Sunshine and Rock a bye Baby. Her favorite songs to sing are on the Emo cd we listen to in the car. She screams to Tangolao. I must film it and put it on the website. She begs to go to bed because that is the only time she gets her paci. We wanted her to get through the move and then we would take them away so we are looking at June or July depending on vacation and when there is a week for training sleep.
Thursday night I went to the Positive Discipline lecture to hear Jane Nelsen. She was wonderful and I really am starting to practice this method. I am asking more curiosity questions and trying not to say demanding statements...No, Don't, Stop, Come here, Put that down, etc.
Friday we met Andrea and Evie at the zoo. The girls held hands and wanted to see all the animals. After naps we went to Audrey's house. Mad had her costumes out to put on a show with Sydney. They made up songs and danced around in their high heels.
Saturday KC needed a couple of hours so she dropped off Caroline and Lily and the girls played together. They all cried when KC picked them up after lunch. We will miss them so much when they move. During naps I went to mom's for Angela's wedding shower. I enjoyed eating chicken salad croissants and petit fours. MY LOVE! That night Andrea, D and Evie came over. We pulled the jumpy in the yard and they girls loved it. It was our first outing with another couple outside watching the kids play. We are so thrilled to be in this house. It definitely has its flaws being an older home, but it is awesome and just right for us. Sunday after church the electrician came by to finish up the lights. Tuesday is the last day for the workers. They say the bathroom will be finished on Tuesday. I am not getting my hopes up, but am so pumped about showering in our bathroom.
This week Sydney went back to school. It was nice to have both at home last week. Now I am back into our routine so we are practicing our letters and numbers with Caitlin. She is trying to speak more words and is understanding quickly. She loves to sing and hum with me. She tries Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, Itsy Bitsy Spider, You are my Sunshine and Rock a bye Baby. Her favorite songs to sing are on the Emo cd we listen to in the car. She screams to Tangolao. I must film it and put it on the website. She begs to go to bed because that is the only time she gets her paci. We wanted her to get through the move and then we would take them away so we are looking at June or July depending on vacation and when there is a week for training sleep.
Thursday night I went to the Positive Discipline lecture to hear Jane Nelsen. She was wonderful and I really am starting to practice this method. I am asking more curiosity questions and trying not to say demanding statements...No, Don't, Stop, Come here, Put that down, etc.
Friday we met Andrea and Evie at the zoo. The girls held hands and wanted to see all the animals. After naps we went to Audrey's house. Mad had her costumes out to put on a show with Sydney. They made up songs and danced around in their high heels.
Saturday KC needed a couple of hours so she dropped off Caroline and Lily and the girls played together. They all cried when KC picked them up after lunch. We will miss them so much when they move. During naps I went to mom's for Angela's wedding shower. I enjoyed eating chicken salad croissants and petit fours. MY LOVE! That night Andrea, D and Evie came over. We pulled the jumpy in the yard and they girls loved it. It was our first outing with another couple outside watching the kids play. We are so thrilled to be in this house. It definitely has its flaws being an older home, but it is awesome and just right for us. Sunday after church the electrician came by to finish up the lights. Tuesday is the last day for the workers. They say the bathroom will be finished on Tuesday. I am not getting my hopes up, but am so pumped about showering in our bathroom.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home