Week of Nov. 10th
Monday we went to gymnastics and then had playgroup at our house. Maya and Sydney play so well together. I love hosting because Matt can see Sydney interact when he gets home from work. Caroline laughed so hard at Matt's smiles and giggles.
Tuesday Sydney went to school while Caitlin and I ran to the grocery. That night Sydney started opening her door and walking into our bedroom...at all hours of the night. We are thinking about what to do...reverse her doorknob so we can lock it on the outside, gate, bolt...??
Wednesday we went to dad's house. Sydney woke up with a nasty runny nose and cough. It is amazing how they can get sick in hours. She was fine at 8am and by 10 she was so sick. Dad and Shelley had my two and Evie and Sydney was not on her best behavior so they had their hands full.
Thursday Sydney did not go to school because her cough was worse. Carolyn came over for lunch and entertained Sydney while I fed Caitlin. Caitlin is eating so much and doesn't have a preference between fruits and veggies. She eats anything I feed her. She has been gagging on the puffs and finally this week she is picking them up and actually putting them in her mouth and then swallowing them.
Friday we stayed in and canceled Audrey because both are sick. I put Sydney on benodryl but not Caitlin. My doc said only Tylenol when there is a fever but my other mom friends say give her a low dose of benodryl. I don't know what to do! So that night the funniest story happened....Sydney has been waking up at all hours, I mostly let her scream and go back to sleep, but sometimes I have to go in, turn off her light and tell her it is not morning yet. So at 4:30AM, yes I said AM, I woke up to Sydney's door open and her light on. I walked into her room, no Sydney. I went downstairs and saw Sydney opening the fridge. She looked at me, smiled and said "yogurt mommy." It was so hard not to laugh but I did march her right back up to her room and she went back to sleep until that morning.
Saturday morning I had a baby shower for Kristin, Claire and Andrea so Matt was home with 2 sick babies. Poor Matt! That night we decided to close Sydney's door and put a gate in front of it in her room. Yesterday after her nap she would open her door, look out, then slam her door shut. Caitlin did not like that!
Sunday after church we went to mom and Jim's for mom's birthday. We tried so hard to make it an enjoyable birthday, but at least one baby was screaming every minute. Sydney fell asleep on the couch on mom's lap and Caitlin fussed the entire day. We tried to separate Evie and the girls but she got Caitlin's paci a couple of times. On the way home, both girls slept. We had a candlelight dinner to help calm them and they took a long hot bath. It definitely seemed to help. I am dreading this week. I have canceled tomorrow's plans hoping they can feel better.
Tuesday Sydney went to school while Caitlin and I ran to the grocery. That night Sydney started opening her door and walking into our bedroom...at all hours of the night. We are thinking about what to do...reverse her doorknob so we can lock it on the outside, gate, bolt...??
Wednesday we went to dad's house. Sydney woke up with a nasty runny nose and cough. It is amazing how they can get sick in hours. She was fine at 8am and by 10 she was so sick. Dad and Shelley had my two and Evie and Sydney was not on her best behavior so they had their hands full.
Thursday Sydney did not go to school because her cough was worse. Carolyn came over for lunch and entertained Sydney while I fed Caitlin. Caitlin is eating so much and doesn't have a preference between fruits and veggies. She eats anything I feed her. She has been gagging on the puffs and finally this week she is picking them up and actually putting them in her mouth and then swallowing them.
Friday we stayed in and canceled Audrey because both are sick. I put Sydney on benodryl but not Caitlin. My doc said only Tylenol when there is a fever but my other mom friends say give her a low dose of benodryl. I don't know what to do! So that night the funniest story happened....Sydney has been waking up at all hours, I mostly let her scream and go back to sleep, but sometimes I have to go in, turn off her light and tell her it is not morning yet. So at 4:30AM, yes I said AM, I woke up to Sydney's door open and her light on. I walked into her room, no Sydney. I went downstairs and saw Sydney opening the fridge. She looked at me, smiled and said "yogurt mommy." It was so hard not to laugh but I did march her right back up to her room and she went back to sleep until that morning.
Saturday morning I had a baby shower for Kristin, Claire and Andrea so Matt was home with 2 sick babies. Poor Matt! That night we decided to close Sydney's door and put a gate in front of it in her room. Yesterday after her nap she would open her door, look out, then slam her door shut. Caitlin did not like that!
Sunday after church we went to mom and Jim's for mom's birthday. We tried so hard to make it an enjoyable birthday, but at least one baby was screaming every minute. Sydney fell asleep on the couch on mom's lap and Caitlin fussed the entire day. We tried to separate Evie and the girls but she got Caitlin's paci a couple of times. On the way home, both girls slept. We had a candlelight dinner to help calm them and they took a long hot bath. It definitely seemed to help. I am dreading this week. I have canceled tomorrow's plans hoping they can feel better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home