Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Week of Dec. 1st

So the girls are feeling better so we actually got out this week. Monday we went to gymnastics. Sydney is jumping with two feet now and has mastered holding her toe touch on the bar....that has taken us since August. She enjoys it and is making friends with Elizabeth, Liza Kate, Jenna and Thompson. After nap we hosted playgroup. It is so much easier at my house because Caitlin has toys and Matt can help out when he gets home.
Tuesday was green day at Sydney's school. She took a toy frog for show n tell.
Wednesday we all had our flu shots. I told Sydney she could have a candy cane (first one) after she gets her flu shot. Waiting 30 min. with two kids is so challenging! I went first and showed Sydney how it is a sting but then it is over. Caitlin went and of course cried so hard. Then Sydney went and screamed for 2 sec. and then said "that hurt mommy." I was so thrilled she could use words and not just panic and cry. Proud mommy! Sandy came over at lunch time and stayed through nap so I could run and do some Christmas shopping...so nice to have her around.
Thursday night I had my ADPI dinner so Matt stayed home with the girls. He said it is getting easier with two and I agree. Sydney knows how to wait patiently when we feed Caitlin and bath time is so fun. Caitlin splashes so much and I laugh when Sydney tells her "no no baby too much splashing."
Friday we met Audrey and her kids and Andrea and Evie at the Cool Springs Chucky Cheese. We arrived at 10 and we had the place to ourselves. We spent $10 on tokens and Sydney had the time of her life. She loved the carousel that seats 3 and loved Bob the Builder car. Caitlin slept on the way out there and then was mesmerized in the stroller watching all the kids run around. I was so impressed with the cleanliness and how yummy the pizza is.
Saturday we went to Melissa Roe's house to see Santa and Mrs. Santa. It is such a great idea to have Santa in a home with no time pressure and you can use your own camera. Sydney held on tightly at first to me and it took about 15 min. for her to gear up for it. When it was our turn she wouldn't look at Santa but asked to sit with Mrs. Claus. She sat there smiling while Caitlin screamed her head off grabbing at Santa's beard. We have been preparing at home for Christmas and talking about Santa. She tells me at least 5 times a day she wants "more play doh" from Santa. So when Mrs. Claus asks her what she wants from Santa, without pausing she answers "baby doll."
Sunday we went to church. Sydney is enjoying her class now...they played with play doh last week and this week made a reindeer. After nap I took Sydney to Caroline's birthday party. Sydney started acting out and for the first time I was embarrassed. It was a side of her I haven't seen before. She didn't eat well that day and I really think food makes a difference with her. Bath time was so horrible that night and putting her to bed was ridiculously painful. My teacher mind kicks in and I start talking firmly to her, counting mainly to calm me down, and then she finally understands that mama means business. I ask her "easy way or the hard way" when she is fitting to put on a diaper. She has learned that she doesn't like the hard way so she lies down and calms down. But on those nights Matt makes tollhouse cookies and we watch a show to get it off our minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home